Buying new brushes

Magdalena

For brush holders, one thing I have is an old AOL CD box with pieces of foam hot glued in. That's what I keep my WNS 7's in. I'd keep my Reaper brushes in it, but they are too long. I have an old Green Stuff tube. With the brush caps on, that keeps my brushes just fine. My paint and take brushes are in an old cleaning wipe dispenser.

My LGS marked down GW Master Brush box set to about half price. I've got some brushes in that as well.

Now that's sad. I have three brush holders that are basicly salvage, and one that cost me $70 (with some nice brushes.)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a brush box from ArtMedia. It has foam with slots to lay the brushes in. It fits in a backpack or messenger bag nicely and holds about 20 brushes. I think it cost around $15.00.

A couple of years ago, I looked for months for something like this, and eventually just bought a box of the right dimension and glued my own foam in. The next week a local art store finally began stocking them... I like it much better than the roll-up type. There's absolutely no chance of the tips contacting a surface, so I can pack brushes that are still damp. And it hurts nothing when I drop the box, set something on it, or cram it into luggage.