Unspeakable Journeys

gwangi32

Sorry for the delay, our internet went out and because we are remote it wasn't reinstalled very fast.

The Dodges take turns answering your questions, or just adding details. The story is that Mr. Cornthwaite is an athletic man in his thirties. He was a tad odd because of his job and his opinions on world history. Arthur (as they call his) was of the opinion that accepted history was wrong. That humanity had a longer stay on earth and that there were other thinking creatures that had ruled the world before. The Dodges had obtained some very strange books for Arthur over the last five years.

The last person to have seen Arthur was the at the general merchandise store where he bought some supplies in January. Arthur had been nervous since before Christmas and was waiting for the delivery of a book the Dodges were purchasing from a collector in France.

At this point the transportation arrives. You have time for one more quick question.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The books have names, when the names are in English, that give me the shivers. Witch Cults of Europe is one I remember and some foriegn thing ... Unaspeklin Glutton, or something like that. I never liked even touching some of these books, they made my skin crawl." replies Reginald. "And to the best of our knowledge," pipes up Herbert, "Mr. Banes at the General Merchandice store was the last person to see Arthur."

"Now gentlemen, if you want to get to the Cornthwaite House before sunset you'll have to leave soon. If you would prefer to stay the night in town, well the Haggartys might have rooms. But you'll have to pay for those. We had planned on you going out to the estate first thing and setting this matter to rights," says Reginald. "We'll need to make arrangements for your transport as the only way out there since the storm is walking or sleds."

Vincent looks around to everyone and says, "Hmmm yes.... I concur with Ray. I myself would like to sit in on your conversation with Mr. Banes as well. Just getting here myself, I would like to get a little refreshed. A good night sleep would do me good. Spent the day en-route to this establishment, plus it will give me a chance to get on the same page as everyone else. Plus it would give us a chance to get something to eat."

[Vincent marks down a few notes for future reference: Witch Cults of Europe, Unaspeklin Glutton, (Thinking to himself ---- need to get to a library soemtime in the near future as well.) and Mr. Banes at the General Merchandice]

There will be a $2 per person charge to stay at the boarding house, but it includes hot coffee in the kitchen until 11:00 pm and breakfast. However the doors close at 10:00 pm.

"Very well gentlemen come see us tomorrow after 9 in the morning and we will make arrangements to get you out to the mansion." says one of the Dodges.

Toth nods agreement with the others and says "Yes, it will be good to talk with Mr. Barnes and set out to see the mansion tomorrow. See you fellows at nine, then." He smiles, tips his hat, and moves toward the car.

"I agree ------ Toth. Plus need to make a call when we hit the boarding house." states Vincent.

Hank and Edith Haggarty run the boarding house. The only other resident is the man who drove you up from the train station. It is a three story building with a basement. The Haggarties live on the ground floor and rent rooms above. As you approach the building with your baggage an older man with a broadbrimmed hat and heavy coat stops you.

"You would be the out of towners skimming in to work for the Dodges?" he says. But the question is rhetorical as he continues speaking without a pause. "I think there is some bad business here and I think it should be handled by the Law. I am the law here, Sheriff Whitford by name. Stay within the law or there will be consequences." and then he stomps off.

There are rooms available for each of you. You can catch the General Store open until 08:00 pm and at this stage it is 5:00 pm. There is a library that will close at 6:00 pm and the Town Hall which won't open until Monday. The Haggarty kitchen will have sandwiches and coffee at 06:30 pm and a radio show will be on as well.

OK, for a bit of visualization. Bedford Falls is a small town and the sun is setting. It is winter and there is snow on the ground. You were let off in the town square. The square is a park space with a statue of a man on horseback, three trees and a gazebo. All the businesses you wish to visit face onto the square. There are just a few lights for the evening, one on each corner of the park and the lights in windows. There is only one road open to cars, the one running south that you came in on. Other roads require skis or sleds to manuever at this time.

The library is warm and quiet. As you come in, the librarian Susan Arwell introduces herself. She is helpful and obviously happy to have something to do. She shows you to the newspaper archive. She is young, a recent college graduate and is having a little trouble settling into the small town life. She asks a few questions and is ready to volunteer information if anyone has questions to ask.

She points out that half the library has been donated by Mr. Cornthwaite, most of the books are Antropology, History and Archaeology.

She points out that half the library has been donated by Mr. Cornthwaite, most of the books are Antropology, History and Archaeology.

Vincent replies, "Well thank you Miss Arwell. If I may ask, have you ever met Mr. Cornthwaite?"

Leaning back and whispering so as not to interrupt Vincent, Ray whispers to Sherman. "I think we might want to split up and take what we know best. I skim the Archaeology books and look for a pattern to Arthur's dontaions and possibly notes in the margins if you want to see to the newspapers. I know that sometimes what's written and what is really meant are two different things. You'd be best to pick something like that out. What do you say?"