Who's Still Saving Money for RC '07?

Remy Soujirou

:mellow:

I just had some pretty serious car trouble this morning and realize that it's going to cost quite a bit. I was saving up simply for spending money at Reaper Con, but now I have to start saving all over again because of priorities. Looks like I'm going to have to work more hours, sell some things, or both to make sure I can attend RC '07. I was just wondering if anyone is going to be in a crunch in terms of saving money for RC '07 as well. It'll make me feel better to know I'm not alone? ^_^

. o O(Now, what can I sell that I won't regret. Curses for having a collector's mentality!)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to be in serious crunch, with a new house and all. We'll still uncertain what our tax return will be (I really need to get that in!). We also really need a new car, but might try and make the old one last a little longer. I don't think it will last a trip to Denton, though, so we may rent. Still uncertain on that.

our taxes were sent off ohhh about a week ago to be looked at by our tax consulant, we should get a a pretty decent one, being in OR taxes can be a bit off the wall. + we do have 2 small children in the house + owning our own home as well, so I'm bankin on most of my Rcon trip to be my tax return.

but I'll be saving a bit here & there off the paychecks as well + using 2 weeks (I get paid weekly) worth right before RCOn as well, so I'm pretty good, I've got the plane ticket, just waiting on RCon spending stuff to go online.

thou I might save a little extra if certain plans go astray, no biggee thou.

RM

We're also hoping the tax return gets here in time (we still have to send it in, though), and my husband's bonus comes sometime around then, so hopefully it will be a good year for that, too. The biggest single expense for us so far has been the plane tickets, and those are already on plastic (*sigh*). Hoping the rest won't have to be.. :)

/ali

Well we have had the whole car problem thing twice now before Reapercon. First one our Sunfire lost it's fuel pump and cost a grand to get repaired, luckly the wifes father covered it and let us make payments after the trip. For '05 the Buick we had dumped it's fuel pump, almost $500 to fix and was not done till the friday of con. We missed that one and were in a funk because of it. Now even if the truck does incurr a problem we'll walk, or beg aride from some one as we live 15 minutes from Reaper.

In my case, '07 is not looking good for ReaperCon. We moved into a new house last summer, immediately followed by the company announcing a hiring freeze, paycuts, reductions in benefits, and for the first time in their 75-year history, layoffs. I'm still working and somewhat insulated from it, but that could change anytime, without warning. It seems their new motto is, "The beatings will continue until morale improves." A tax return will just slow the cashflow downward spiral, not stop it entirely. So, I'm selling stuff on eBay and working on several p/t job opps just to stretch from one money crunch to the next. Hopefully the cross-training I've been doing at work and résumés I've been sending out from home will generate something solid, soon.