Sign in to follow this  
vejlin

How to deal with ECM

I haven't tried this yet, but I believe the solution is Strikes. Since a strike is not a ranged attack, ECM does not boost DV against Strikes. Goodnite annoying little Sabres, Nomads and what have yous with ECM pods.

Anyone try it out yet?

Yeah I launched an Atomic WMD on a ton of models, some of which were clustered around a Ryoshi. It didn't change the outcome of the game, but it felt good to deal damage to so many models :)

Interesting conversation with Tabasco last night, "So Pat how do you get rid of the bubble the Panther is putting out?" "Ohh thats simple, just kill the Panther" "Humm OK."

Interesting conversation with Tabasco last night, "So Pat how do you get rid of the bubble the Panther is putting out?" "Ohh thats simple, just kill the Panther" "Humm OK."

I wondered when somebody was going to tumble to this. :lol:

I was thinking either orbital pinpoint strike or conventional cruise missile for exactly this reason, each having their up/down sides. After looking at it though, I think I'm going to go with Cruise Missiles, they can cover 36" on the turn they enter the table so that's really not so much of an issue after the first turn. The highest DV I've noticed on a recon model is 12, so d10+6 gives me a 50/50 change of doing two points of damage, most recon models are going to be 9 or 10 making life a lot easier.

I dont have the rules out at the moment, but I believe ECM only goes against direct ranged attacks. Therefore, if you can get an indirect shot to hit, it also would go against the base DV and not the ECM augmented DV.

Course getting an indirect fire shot to hit its mark is easier said than done.

I was thinking either orbital pinpoint strike or conventional cruise missile for exactly this reason, each having their up/down sides. After looking at it though, I think I'm going to go with Cruise Missiles, they can cover 36" on the turn they enter the table so that's really not so much of an issue after the first turn. The highest DV I've noticed on a recon model is 12, so d10+6 gives me a 50/50 change of doing two points of damage, most recon models are going to be 9 or 10 making life a lot easier.

Excuse my ignorance and that I'm new to CAV but how are you getting "2" points of damage unless you are doing a critical which will only occur 10% of the time ? :unsure:

Excuse my ignorance and that I'm new to CAV but how are you getting "2" points of damage unless you are doing a critical which will only occur 10% of the time ? :unsure:

Per Appendix E: Battlefield Support Strikes, Cruise Missiles do two points of damage with a successful hit.

Per Appendix E: Battlefield Support Strikes, Cruise Missiles do two points of damage with a successful hit.

Ah , I was reading the wrong "Cruise Missile" . Need to put my glasses on . :wacko: