Sign in to follow this  
skavenbabe

14328 Olivia Merc Cleric

Very nice . She does have a very cute , even childlike face . Thanks for giving me some ideas on how to paint this . Its been a new adition to my "wall of shame" so it might just get started on it now !

very nice mini, very well painted...how do you do your liquid effect? Inquiring minds wish to know!

thanks everyone :)

For the liquid, I painted the main liquid the color I wanted, a fairly bright red like RMS Blood Red. Then across the top of the liquid I laid down a darker line of red (RMS Deep Red I believe). Across the top of that I put down a very light, thin layer of white.

Then I took white and made a reflective mark on the front, not sure I like that there though, but it's done. Around the bottle with white I made some verticle reflective marks, I like those much better.

I also tried to make sure it was very wavy across the top, not straight.

This was very hit and miss, and took a lot of messing around with different things. For example, first I had the darker red coming from the bottom with the lighter red at top, but it didn't seem right. When I reversed it and put the dark red along the top it looked much better, more believable.

She looks very nice. I have a player who we have just given his first "dose" of mini painting, and his next PC is likely to use this mini. I'll have to show this to him.

That liquid is awful purty. Really nice job on that. And I do like the natural shade on the robes. Great paint!