Sign in to follow this  
Magdalena

Wild Elf Barbarian

I painted this guy up this morning, the skin tone could be smoother, but overall, I guess he's pretty good, I really like the base I gave him, it was my first attempt at painting water on a base, so I think it came out pretty nice. ::sigh:: Here's his eBay link [ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140089146707 ] and his CMON link [ http://www.coolminiornot.com/150127 ] Comments are appreciated ^_^

4.jpg

• Like 2

I love the base! Very very well done on it! As to the barbarian, well he is pretty good too! The skin is smooth and I like the leaves wrapped around him! The sword is not the best, but still pretty good. Keep up the good work!

I am still in awe of that base. So nice.

That base is lovely...some really nice 2d painting on that water (it looks like it's a 2d surface, other than the rocks?).

I'd like to see some of that skill applied to your swords...not necessarily NMM (I don't do it, either), but you can shade with metallics, and if you can get smooth transitions with it, it can look pretty awesome.

I'm not sure, looking at this one, what he's got all over his body...are they vines? A better transition on the skin, and maybe some darklining would make this more clear.

Overall, awesome base, great color scheme.

Yes, he has vines all over his body, I should have put maybe some lighter green highlights and yes, some dark lining on them...Thanks for the props on my base, I was surprised that it came out so neat since it was my first attempt at water...And yes, I know that the sword isn't the best, I started it NMM, and had some problems, so I just got frustrated and tossed some metallic paint on it...I got rather discouraged when I had problems doing the NMM on the sword, because I have ALLOT of NMM to paint on my master of carnage...I usually put shading and highlights on my metallics, but I just felt like getting him finished(Which is why his skin is so rough, I normally smooth them out at the very end, but after the sword, I just got frustrated with the mini and called it do...) and moving onto the base...I seem to have allot of problems deciding where to put the highlights with NMM, no clue why, can anyone tell me how to decide where to highlight NMM? It'd be allot of help, thanks....

Yes, he has vines all over his body, I should have put maybe some lighter green highlights and yes, some dark lining on them...Thanks for the props on my base, I was surprised that it came out so neat since it was my first attempt at water...And yes, I know that the sword isn't the best, I started it NMM, and had some problems, so I just got frustrated and tossed some metallic paint on it...I got rather discouraged when I had problems doing the NMM on the sword, because I have ALLOT of NMM to paint on my master of carnage...I usually put shading and highlights on my metallics, but I just felt like getting him finished(Which is why his skin is so rough, I normally smooth them out at the very end, but after the sword, I just got frustrated with the mini and called it do...) and moving onto the base...I seem to have allot of problems deciding where to put the highlights with NMM, no clue why, can anyone tell me how to decide where to highlight NMM? It'd be allot of help, thanks....

Really detailed overview... but its a good start?

Light and Reflections for NMM

Oh and get a really shiny spoon for your painting area... makes a good study piece...

Really detailed overview... but its a good start?

Light and Reflections for NMM

Oh and get a really shiny spoon for your painting area... makes a good study piece...

Thanks for that link, it should help out allot, and a spoon is a really good idea, thanks!