Sign in to follow this  
eastman

Don't they know it's sold in stores now?

I saw this item on ebay - an original version "Urban Legend Sophie" in the DHL blister pack (auction has already ended) -

LINKY

Someone just successfully bid over $115 on the ULS. Don't they realize you can buy this in all the game stores now? And I thought the prices on the 2004 RCon Sophies were getting ridiculous (since I didn't want to pay that much).

Comments?

ummmm.... yeah, someone gonna be really pissed when they find out. i was watching this at one point then stop, god I would never have guess that it sold for that much, I figured it would end at $20. Also not to mention that there were currently several BIN auction for $20

Whew, ebay just never stops surprising ah! ::D:

Been thinking to post up some blank bases and sell em as invisible stalkers.. hahaha j/k. I did come across an invisible bilbo, wonder if it sold.

ERL

The about me says it's Fitz doing the selling... I don't know him well enough, but maybe someone that knows him could e-mail him about the availability of the figure?

Only reason I could see to bid that much is if I were a collector and really, REALLY interested in "first edition" prints. But I've never understood why anyone wants to collect a first edition chunk of pewter...I mean, I want to paint the pretties, not leave 'em in the blister.

The way I read it is that it is a Lot of 29 of the figures. $115 only works out to less than $4 per figure, though why would you need 29 of the same Sophie?

I'm going to give away a secret of mine here, but I stopped doing it once I got a job. You know all those "free after rebate" offers at Office Depot and the like? I used to go buy them all, then put them up on eBay. In 90% of the cases I got darn near retail prices for everything. I paid for an entire Christmas once selling stuff I got for free on Black Friday.

I'm going to give away a secret of mine here, but I stopped doing it once I got a job. You know all those "free after rebate" offers at Office Depot and the like? I used to go buy them all, then put them up on eBay. In 90% of the cases I got darn near retail prices for everything. I paid for an entire Christmas once selling stuff I got for free on Black Friday.

Yeah, but for that stuff you had to stand outside in the bitter cold at some stupid hour of the morning, (been there done that) and the stuff goes back up to normal prices afterwards.

I tag items like this on my watch list all the time, just to see what happens with them. I don't recall having seen one go this high in a while, but it just goes to show that you need to know your market when you start bidding on stuff on eBay. It is very easy to get caught by something like this and end up paying way more than you should. Then again, for every listing like this, I find two more where the seller has no clue what they have, and I steal something ridiculous like $185 worth of Reaper product for $20. Or the #8 RP Dracolich for about retail price, more than 10 years after it went out of print.

eBay is fun. :devil:

~v

Yeah, but for that stuff you had to stand outside in the bitter cold at some stupid hour of the morning, (been there done that) and the stuff goes back up to normal prices afterwards.

Not always, in fact only for that one day. If you buy TurboTax you get a slew of free software right now- which you can get at least half price for on eBay.