Sign in to follow this  
Sparrow's Tail

Amber as a Green

Hello,

Here is Sandra Garrity's Amber dragon as a Green. :rolleyes: I tend to not venture too far out of the traditional Chromatic's and Metalics when it comes to dragon interpretation. I experimented with the wet look for the breast plates and around the face and mouth. Still not sure what I think. I'm not sure I see dragons as being slimy or overly polished. :huh: I think of the natural world Komodo dragons that appear very dull and pale weathered green. Any who, lots of time and models to experiment on. ::):

Cheers.

post-3760-1172752336.jpg

post-3760-1172752374.jpg

post-3760-1172752402.jpg

• Like 1

nice I like that color of green, nice shades & highlights on it

RM

Hey, nice job on this one! I have to agree with you on the "not slimy" bit, but I think the wet-look on the belly scales is nice...most snakes, after all, have a somewhat satin look to their scales. I would like to see a little more contrast in the wing membranes....those big, flat surfaces are a great opportunity to try blending or fading from one color to the next (the first wet blending I ever attempted was on this model...maybe I should go back and finish more than the wings, sometime!).

Oh, the face is nice, too! I love the fade on those horns, and that beady little eye is creeping me out. Good stuff.