Sign in to follow this  
chesme

Legendary Encounters™

Soon ™

That was posted back in March, almost a month ago. So here is my question, and it isn't ment to be flippent, what is "soon" by Reaper standards? A week, a month, 4 months? Just curious so i know when i should be checking back? To me a month isn't soon, but i know some companies that when they say soon, it is really about 6 months later, just trying to get a handel on what soon means at Reaper.

Let's just hope that CAV players haven't seen this yet :P

Soon is anywhere from 1 month to 3 years.

Too late

Soon

That was posted back in March, almost a month ago. So here is my question, and it isn't ment to be flippent, what is "soon" by Reaper standards? A week, a month, 4 months? Just curious so i know when i should be checking back? To me a month isn't soon, but i know some companies that when they say soon, it is really about 6 months later, just trying to get a handel on what soon means at Reaper.

I would point out, however, that the original announcement did say sometime in June. If you need to refresh your memory, you can find that announcement HERE.

~v

I would point out, however, that the original announcement did say sometime in June.

Which is why it seems odd that we haven't seen pictures or heard anything further from Reaper on this line yet.

As far as I know they haven't even been solicited through Game Trade yet, or did I miss that?

Jeff

I would point out, however, that the original announcement did say sometime in June.

Which is why it seems odd that we haven't seen pictures or heard anything further from Reaper on this line yet.

As far as I know they haven't even been solicited through Game Trade yet, or did I miss that?

Jeff

I'd expect that they'll show the figs at their convention, and make them available to distributors near the end of June.

(If the figs aren't at the convention, then something's up, but I think that's where we'll see them for the first time.)

Soon

I would point out, however, that the original announcement did say sometime in June. If you need to refresh your memory, you can find that announcement HERE.

~v

Thank you for refreshing something i knew, but others may not have, it was very kind of you.

What i am refering to however is the repsone to a question as to when pictures would be comming. Some one i guess not associated with Reaper responded by saying Soon. Which is what i was refering to becuase in the now close to two months since this product was announced, and a month since it was last active there has been no news or response then from Reaper. While pictures, greens, and numerous other products have been shown, this line now just 10 days away from being the month before it comes out, and has had no update on it on it at all.

I am curious as to where it stands.

I guess i took it at face value that people who are posting actually know what they are talking about when they reply to something, either by being a well conected cutomer who is in the know from experince or some other more direct route with the company, or they would say anything with out making it clear they are talking nonsense, or guessing.

when someone on these boards says Soon it means not soon. It's kind of a running joke meaning maybe this week, maybe next month, maybe this decade-but it's being worked on. Basically, they try to do what they can, but there are a lot of projects and not a lot of employees, so there's a lot to deal with.

One thing to keep in mind with Reaper is that while they produce a lot of miniatures and other materials, they do it with amazingly few people. So things are getting worked on, but the person(s) responsible isn't trolling through the boards in a 20 page thread.

What i am refering to however is the repsone to a question as to when pictures would be comming. Some one i guess not associated with Reaper responded by saying Soon. Which is what i was refering to becuase in the now close to two months since this product was announced, and a month since it was last active there has been no news or response then from Reaper. While pictures, greens, and numerous other products have been shown, this line now just 10 days away from being the month before it comes out, and has had no update on it on it at all.

Ah, well, your post wasn't very clear as to what you were asking about with regard to Soon. Unless the person posting has a Reaper logo under their ID, then you can assume that they are not a Reaper employee, and their repsonse should not be viewed in any way as official, much like this one is not. The pictures, greens, and other products that you've seen in the intervening time have been primarily for Reaper's metal miniatures lines, which are produced in-house. Since the PPPMs are being outsourced, it stands to reason that Reaper has a whole lot less access and control to them than they do their metal lines. I wouldn't be surprised if Reaper chose to keep things close to the vest until they have production copies of these figures in their hands before revealing them to the masses; other companies have suffered a signficant backlash when production models didn't meet the expectations of the pre-production examples displayed.

Cross your fingers, and hope that "Soon" has become sooner...

~v

Are these miniatures going to have new sculpts or are they previous molds? The only reason I ask is because their has been a "minotaur of the maze", "Ogre Chieftain" and "cave troll" before (or at least miniatures that used those names before). I beg your pardon if this has been asked earlier.

"Drawing on Reaper's vast experience in miniatures and a catalog of 1000's of metal models to design Legendary Encounters™, Legendary Encounters™will quickly become the most popular prepainted plastic miniatures line on the market."

Reaper's first statement on the LE line. This has been taken to mean there is the possibility the sculpts will be the same, although there have also been various takes on if you can use the same molds for plastic & metal (generally, most seem to believe the answer is "No").

To date, I don't believe Reaper has made an exact announcement, but given that the names are the exact same, I'd assume they are either the same sculpts or very close. But we may not know for sure until Reaper makes an announcement or (most likely, IMO) until they give us previews of these minis.

"Drawing on Reaper's vast experience in miniatures and a catalog of 1000's of metal models to design Legendary Encounters™, Legendary Encounters™will quickly become the most popular prepainted plastic miniatures line on the market."

Reaper's first statement on the LE line. This has been taken to mean there is the possibility the sculpts will be the same, although there have also been various takes on if you can use the same molds for plastic & metal (generally, most seem to believe the answer is "No").

To date, I don't believe Reaper has made an exact announcement, but given that the names are the exact same, I'd assume they are either the same sculpts or very close. But we may not know for sure until Reaper makes an announcement or (most likely, IMO) until they give us previews of these minis.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :rock: