Legendary Encounters™

chesme

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

Just as a reminder, we are not going to stop or reduce making metal minis. We see no reason to alter our current business plan other than adding to it. Just putting the word in again as this thread is getting huge and Ed's earlier post may be overlooked.

Matt, will you explain a couple of things to me? And obviously as I'm only one customer it might not merit your time but...

The financial resources involved in producing plastic, pre-painted miniatures have to come from somewhere. I realize you can't give us a full disclosure of your company's financial situation but how is it exactly that you're going to introduce not just a new product line but a new product line that requires a whole new manufacturing resource without diverting funds once spent on metal mini production? And if you do divert those funds, how does that not impact metal mini production?

Based on what I've heard from sculptors (wrt the action figures/toys industry) and from Revell/Monogram (at last week's MMSI meeting), there are all kinds of factories in China willing to do this work with little or no investment from the customer. The Chinese companies are in many cases offering to do the sculpt for action figures at ridiculously low rates to lock in the business (although many US toy producers prefer to still use US sculptors so they have fewer issues with getting the sculpt exactly the way they want).

So I don't expect this is same level of start-up capital that would be involved in something like resin casting in house at Reaper.

One issue when dealing with production in China is the item composition. There have been a number of cases in the last few years where toys or kid jewelry items were found to be very high in lead content.

One of my big questions:

How involved will Bob Ridolfi and Julie Guthrie be in the line, given their experience sculpting for plastics in the toy industry already? It would seem to make sense given they are already experienced scultping for casting/manufacture in that medium.

Any profitable company has a "War chest" for R&D, startup expenses, etc. Reaper has been spitting out metals for years, so they know how much it takes, etc. So they know the costs involved. So undoubtably, they've been socking some away, and it's from those funds R&D money comes. If you need people to sculpt for a new line, you find them. There are more sculptors out there than Sandra, Bobby, and Werner folks.

I just thought the money came out of Bryan's wing fund.

Since we've been bribing him left and right for stuff, Reaper's been able to use the money they would normally need to spend on his hot wing habit to cover the start-up costs for the PPM. :lol:

I just thought the money came out of Bryan's wing fund.

Since we've been bribing him left and right for stuff, Reaper's been able to use the money they would normally need to spend on his hot wing habit to cover the start-up costs for the PPM. :lol:

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, those hot wing habits can be expensive...