Legendary Encounters™

chesme

Sazabi Reverse has said it well.

Everyone here is passionate, and we have people on all sides of this issue.

As a Moderator, I am asking everyone to refrain from insulting other posters or ridiculing their posts. This includes ridiculing a product that they truly enjoy.

Please remember also that this announcement has led many people who are new to the Reaper Boards to our site for what may be the first time. Let's show everyone how cool we can be, not how rude.

Yes sir, I'm sorry sir, an older boy told me to do it.

All kidding aside, sure enough. I get so enthusiastically pro Reaper that I forget my manners from time to time and I apologize for that.

All hail the newcomers! (Says the guy with forty some posts... :D )

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now Junk all 'round! have you seen it all, there are many cool mini's in DDM.

Yes, there are some very cool D&D minis, which is what irks me more personally (well that and the random thing). It's just the material I don't like, I'd probably pick a few up otherwise. I don't dislike the actual sculpts.

For example, I really like the Cadaver Collector mini, but the one I saw in real life also emphasized my problems with the material itself, the base was slightly out of shape so it didn't sit on the table properly. =P

Yeah, I don't think Reaper metals are going to be stopping anytime soon. As I said earlier, I just think this PPM thing is a way if diversifying a little, which is a sensible thing for Reaper to do. And probably good for everyone.

Seriously! You can't drop something this big on us without providing pictures! Surely you must at least have prototypes or something by now to make the announcement...lemme see! Lemme see! I promise I'll hit the 'wings' button repeatedly if you show us pics! :rolleyes:

It's not just a matter of their not being a market for metal minis or not. It's also a matter of it being more profitable for companies to produce pre-painted plastics. Sometimes the greater profit product pushes out even other profitable products because they provide a greater profit for time and resources invested.

Since Reaper still puts out monster and townsfolk packs and they sell far less than character minis, I tend to believe that Reaper will continue to put out metal minis as long as it's even slightly profitable...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Although, I did say something similar MUCH earlier in this thread. Obviously this issue and the fear around it isn't going to go away easlily.

The thing is, unless Reaper has completely renovated the interior of their facility I don't think the minis will actually be made by Reaper employees, but through a contracted manufacturer. So if Reaper employees aren't injecting plastic into molds I'm sure they'll be pouring pewter into spin casters. The only places I see them devoting time to this and not other lines is when they're designing concepts, passing the concept to the sculptors, approving prototypes for production, and packaging/shipping. Of course I could be wrong and they've got all the equipment they need to produce plastics.

Seriously! You can't drop something this big on us without providing pictures! Surely you must at least have prototypes or something by now to make the announcement...lemme see! Lemme see! I promise I'll hit the 'wings' button repeatedly if you show us pics! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be to quick to ask for prototype pictures. Mongoose showed prototypes for their new pre-painted line, and when production didn't meet expectation, they got cornholed.

Once they have production minis in hand, I'm sure we'll see pictures.

I wouldn't be to quick to ask for prototype pictures. Mongoose showed prototypes for their new pre-painted line, and when production didn't meet expectation, they got cornholed.

True, but there's a story behind that that many don't know. Mongoose got shafted in more than one way there.

I'm as eager to see pictures as everybody else, but I'd rather wait until they actually have the product in hand than get pictures of a prototype that may look nothing like what's coming off of the molds.