Legendary Encounters™

chesme

The thing is, unless Reaper has completely renovated the interior of their facility I don't think the minis will actually be made by Reaper employees, but through a contracted manufacturer. So if Reaper employees aren't injecting plastic into molds I'm sure they'll be pouring pewter into spin casters. The only places I see them devoting time to this and not other lines is when they're designing concepts, passing the concept to the sculptors, approving prototypes for production, and packaging/shipping. Of course I could be wrong and they've got all the equipment they need to produce plastics.

I think you are correct. There was a thread that were people were talking about the posbillity of ressin and plastic and Reaper made it pretty clear it would be expensive to do. The Clean Air act or something like that was mentioned. I have no doubt these are going to be made overseas.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Clean Air act or something like that was mentioned. I have no doubt these are going to be made overseas.

Save our air first, who cares about China's...

Wait, doesn't the world spin in such a way that China's air will eventually blow over this way? :unsure:

Besides, I don't want them hawking lugees (sp?) all over my minis! :wacko:

Not all production facilities overseas are polluting hellholes. I do hope reaper is doing some investigation into a reliable, environmentally responsible supplier. The facilities in Taiwan and even china can be quite nice and modern.

The fact of the matter is, a company producing action figures for many different folks will have reason to invest in the proper air scrubbers as opposed to a small company ( such as reaper ) who is only making one line.

The Clean Air Act comment pertained to casting RESIN in Reaper's current facilities, not to plastic production in a properly setup facility designed for the purpose.

Yes That is correct but reaper doesnt have a prperly setup facility designed for the purpose of makeing plastic minis as far as I know

Soon

That was posted back in March, almost a month ago. So here is my question, and it isn't ment to be flippent, what is "soon" by Reaper standards? A week, a month, 4 months? Just curious so i know when i should be checking back? To me a month isn't soon, but i know some companies that when they say soon, it is really about 6 months later, just trying to get a handel on what soon means at Reaper.

Soon ™

That was posted back in March, almost a month ago. So here is my question, and it isn't ment to be flippent, what is "soon" by Reaper standards? A week, a month, 4 months? Just curious so i know when i should be checking back? To me a month isn't soon, but i know some companies that when they say soon, it is really about 6 months later, just trying to get a handel on what soon means at Reaper.

Let's just hope that CAV players haven't seen this yet :P

Soon is anywhere from 1 month to 3 years.

Soon ™

That was posted back in March, almost a month ago. So here is my question, and it isn't meant to be flippent, what is "soon" by Reaper standards?

not to be flippant either but unless an official Reaper Person answers, (and I am not an offical person for this topic) any answer is just rumor.