Modular Dungeon Progress

I've been working on building up my modular dungeon into something I can actually use. I had some wall and floor pieces cast but not painted and I had the bug to make rooms. Rooms are fun.

So I made some variations on the small cell from the Advanced Gothic Dungeon instructions on the Hirst Arts website. My variation really consisted of not putting in the barred window. I replaced it with a recessed arch and a flaming brazier. I also made some larger than the small cell in the instructions.

And then I got to playing with the gothic floor tiles. Those can be so addicting. Out of the six rooms I built 5 of them have various decorative floors. And then I had to paint the braziers to match, even though they're outside.

Anyway. Enough prattle. Let's show some dungeon!

234583184.jpg

This shows the new rooms, the corner room I had built previously, and some of the corridor sections.

234582944.jpg

This kind of shows you the 'ambience' of the corridor.

234582969.jpg

As does this one.

234583144.jpg

Sorry but I'm rather proud of these tiles. That's freehand!

And here's some links if you want to see more.

Another corridor shot

A bleak dungeon indeed

Peeks into some more rooms

We shoulda brought a rogue!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff. You are inspiring me to get off my duff and start casting some more blocks. First I need to make a couple floor tile molds so I can churn them out faster.

Awesome stuff. You are inspiring me to get off my duff and start casting some more blocks. First I need to make a couple floor tile molds so I can churn them out faster.

I love seeing these Hirst blocks you guys fiddle with, they look so danged nice.

General game question: when you're playing, do you build as your go for your players so they don't know what the Dungeon looks like or do you have it all built and waiting?

-Newt

Really nice work on those tiles, Rastl. How small are you going for your "modular" sections?I'd love to see some pics of this same set-up slightly "deconstructed" (with a little space between each section) to see what your piece creations look like.

~v

I love seeing these Hirst blocks you guys fiddle with, they look so danged nice.

General game question: when you're playing, do you build as your go for your players so they don't know what the Dungeon looks like or do you have it all built and waiting?

-Newt

I lay it out as we go. But YMMV.