Sign in to follow this  
jgemrich

Transport/X

I'm a Noob so I want to make sure I'm outfitting this correctly.

Specifically Infantry w/ the Bulky SA count as 2 when calculating transport/X.

So...for a Hedgehog which has transport/3 - I can either carry 3 bases of regular infantry or 1 base of Bulky and 1 base of regular?

Can I mix regular and bulky in a Mechanized infantry squad to maximize the Hedgehogs ability?

What about the Fenri which has transport/1? I assume this means it cannot transport Bulky infantry(as the ship would need minimum of transport/2).

Last - since I haven't played a game...why play a Fenri vs a Hedgehog in a mech infantry division. Does it add something from a fire power standpoint?

Thanks for putting up w/ the questions.

Yes
So...for a Hedgehog which has transport/3 - I can either carry 3 bases of regular infantry or 1 base of Bulky and 1 base of regular?
Yes
Can I mix regular and bulky in a Mechanized infantry squad to maximize the Hedgehogs ability?
Yes
What about the Fenri which has transport/1? I assume this means it cannot transport Bulky infantry(as the ship would need minimum of transport/2).
Yes
Last - since I haven't played a game...why play a Fenri vs a Hedgehog in a mech infantry division. Does it add something from a fire power standpoint?
Depends on your style of play, what you need the transport to do, and how many points you have. If all you need to do is drive a FiST or engineer team around, you don't need Transport/3, if you're trying to move half a section at once, then you need larger transports. Of course, more models in a section mean more shots during ranged attack actions, but you have to balance that with having enough points to fill out other sections (again depending on how many points you have to play with).
No problem, we're pretty friendly, and welcome to the addiction.

Yup

Yup

So long as they are Infantry Models with the Attack Role (Rifle Teams), yes.

Correct

A lot of it comes down to a personal preference. Are you being loyal to your factions UCOR, want something a little different, etc. Plus the Fenri moves MUCH faster and costs 30 points less. Do you want fast and fragile or slow and hard to hit?

You're welcome ^_^

[EDIT] And apparently Sarge saw this first and types MUCH faster, and I had to look up the Fenri stats :lol: [/EDIT]

Everyone got all your other Qs, so I'll just throw in these:

It can't carry a Bulky unless you buy the increased transport capacity in the upgrades section.

A Hedgehog is slower, more expensive, has lower RAV vs hard targets, and shorter range weapons. If those drawbacks aren't to your liking, get a Fenri. It naturally has its own set of drawbacks (lower Transport, lower DV, lower RAV vs Soft targets...)

No problem. :)

PS

Thanks - seems like my thinking is on the right track.

How much is the upgrade to transport/X. Is there a limit...ie Transport/X+1 or Transport/X+2 max.

Increased Transport Capacity

Availability: Models with Transport/X SA

Point Cost: 10 pts

Effect: A Model's Transport capacity is increased by 1 space and the Model's Mov is reduced by 2.

It doesn't list a maximum like the other /# SA's, so I'd guess you could only buy it one time.

Thanks - seems like my thinking is on the right track.

How much is the upgrade to transport/X. Is there a limit...ie Transport/X+1 or Transport/X+2 max.

It's 10 points.

PS

Increased Transport Capacity

Availability: Models with Transport/X SA

Point Cost: 10 pts

Effect: A Model's Transport capacity is increased by 1 space and the Model's Mov is reduced by 2.

It doesn't list a maximum like the other /# SA's, so I'd guess you could only buy it one time.

:lol: Okay, I figured that, since in addition to the 10 points, I was giving up 2" of movement, I could buy it as many times as I liked. The rationale of course is that the movement reduction provides its own limitation. Having never actually played around with it, I can say that I have neither a preference nor an opinion though.