Can't keep a Jester down... 7 new figures

Jester

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang I am gonna have to learn more about the mystic arts of JesterSPEED...

I do believe I'm teaching a class on it at ReaperCon this year...

(shameless plug :devil: )

Have you thought about recording your class and possibly distributing it to those who can't go to reapercon? :devil:

@ Meg - wow! I hadn't even put those up for that long yet. But thanks the Sea Elf skin was a custom blend of MSPs.

@ Daywalker - Hadn't considered it, but I couldnt' at Rcon... Maybe GenCon... or maybe just in my studio...

@ Mattmcl - Yah, I just deduced that the links to the pages change when you add new images to Coppermine. They aren't static links, but floating links within each Gallery... I'll fix the image links...

Yah I fixed the links... gotta remember that for in the future. :devil:

Re: The Sea Elves

You did a wonderful job on my sea elves (I've been asking for them for several years!), and these would be two minis I'd actually recommend the blue background for (so they look like they're in water). I may have to hire you to paint some for me. I love the skin tone.

I would have just flipped that gradient blue so the darker was on the bottom and it looked like they were close to the surface. ::P:

I'm so glad you're painting again.

Jester the elves really look amazing! I already have ideas on how to paint them and the hippocampus but I'm afraid the colors I wanted to use are going to be too close to the ones you did. Now I'm going to have to rethink my entire scheme so I can be different. I am a fan of anything aquatic really, I was a swimmer for 10 years before incurring several injuries (yes you can injure yourself in competitive swimming!). Your work is really amazing.

I hope your back is doing better and I'm glad that I could help you by participating in the auction!

Dang I am gonna have to learn more about the mystic arts of JesterSPEED...

I think it involves some strange combination of pain and medications. Having been in that boat before between pain and medications, I can say what flows from the brush can be rather interesting. What flows from the fingers to the keyboard and into print can be far more entertaining too.

Anyways...

Jester it does seem that your paint-fu is strong, the force is with you.

I particularly like the Space Marine. Don't know why exactly but it jumps at me. The gradations of the blue are certainly sharp. Something about blue armor I like.