Sign in to follow this  
FleeingMonkey

Questions for CAV

I've gotta question about indirect attacks . I've scoured the rule seversl times but still can't find any reference to wether one needs LOS to conduct an IA , do you? :unsure:

A note aside , while I think the Gladiator may perform well , I just plain do not like the look of it . Ok , if I get my butt kicked for not using it or any other thing I don't like the look of . :wacko:

I've gotta question about indirect attacks . I've scoured the rule seversl times but still can't find any reference to wether one needs LOS to conduct an IA , do you? :unsure:

No you don't. That's the whole point of the attack. You just have to deal with Drift instead.

First paragraph under Direct Fire and Indirect Fire Ranged Attacks on page 98 of the PDF. (pg 86 of the book)

A note aside , while I think the Gladiator may perform well , I just plain do not like the look of it . Ok , if I get my butt kicked for not using it or any other thing I don't like the look of . :wacko:

Page 86 (the 98th page of the pdf...) under the "Direct Fire and Indirect Fire Ranged Attacks" heading, and the Raged Attack Resolution table on page 99 (101 of the pdf...)

PS

First paragraph under Direct Fire and Indirect Fire Ranged Attacks on page 98 of the PDF. (pg 86 of the book)

You've misused your parentheses. :lol:

PS

I've gotta question about indirect attacks . I've scoured the rule seversl times but still can't find any reference to wether one needs LOS to conduct an IA , do you?
As Qwy said you need no line of site, and if you can't find the drifting rules for your IA weapons (took me a while to find this) it's under the AOE Special Action Description.

You know I looked through that section several times and still missed it . :wacko: Must need new glasses . :lol:

No, ECM states it adds the bonus to DV for Ranged attacks. Even though Close Combat is described as "an attempt to outmaneuver and outshoot your opponent in close quarters" it is not considered a Ranged attack.

A Model with the ECM SA conducts a Jamming Action to add a Jamming bonus against Ranged Attacks equal to its TC to the DV of all friendly Models within the AOE, and the AOE lasts until the model's next Activation.