Sign in to follow this  
Rylek

Forgotten Realms 3.5

Hehehehehehe.....

Anyway posty 2 is up. A day late but none the less its up.

I must say I like the interrgation rote you took on the poor porr driver lol.

Laterz

Jay

I must say I like the interrgation rote you took on the poor porr driver lol.

Elistin snatches the bottle from Quintilas somehow, in spite of his precarious position at the point of the elf's dager.

I meant to comment on this sooner, but i can only guess Rylek didn't quite get the position the driver is/was in, not to mention that Kurith still had a hold on him, and by no means would he be as casual as he is now or even be able to look out the window.

oh well, as Kurith said, he needs a little more counseling, LOL! ::D:

Okay I'll post. I would've yesterday or the day before but I worked all day long both days.

Any chance of a DM post before the year's out? I'm not a hijacker by trade, but given the choice between mutiny and boredom, my hypocrisy knows no limits.

I'm just sayin'.

Any chance of a DM post before the year's out? I'm not a hijacker by trade, but given the choice between mutiny and boredom, my hypocrisy knows no limits.

I'm just sayin'.

personally i don't think the driver likes Kurith much and i say make'm scratch his right ear with his left elbow, LOL... :blink:::D:

yeah, I'm really just trying to keep it a little interesting for us, sorry to say i hit boredom a while back, and figure messing with an npc that should hold no real importance in the adventure what-so-ever wouldn't hurt, (and its keeping us typing).

but i agree with Spike, i rather not be a hijacker (even a minor one) just to entertain myself, so even if its one post a week its fine with me so long as the storyline advances.

Now before things go much further with my character, I'll take a peek at what i can do to replace my single figther level with a cleric level, but i'm hoping to find something that would make sense for the character and domains that go with.

edit: maybe throw a bone to the group headed towards the alley, have a chance encounter with one of the gangs of waterdeep, who just by dumb luck just happen to enter the alleyfrom the other end prior to the characters!

Edited by Lorderl

Actually, this particular driver likes half-orcs... and I mean reeeeally liiiiikes half orcs. Chances are if he was not so danm drunk he would recognize the black shirt Kurith is wearing and want it back.

Lucikly for him, she and her affections have grown up and moved on.

Want I should let her punch him in the junk again? :lol:

I like that last post Spike, nicely done tying that tidbit of Kurith past with the coach driver

Want I should let her punch him in the junk again? :lol:

Well, i guess if we don't rightly get some answers now and/or the story doesn't move further along, then it may be one of the only few options left to Kurith.

So, i was thinking to add a bit to my latest post concerning whether Quintilas is a cleric or not, but I'm still unable to decide :blink: upon a deity or domains,

in FR is one required to have a deity or can they go the no deity route and chose any two domains?

here's what i have

I would like to have an Elven or Nature Deity, or even possibly worship nature itself if possible (which may be like the option of having no deity, thus picking two domains of my choosing). My thought on this is that he worship nature itself, thus drawing from a select number of domains?

domains of interest, which belong to either Elven or nature deity

Elf

Storm

Time

Retribution

oooooh boy... here's the part where Quint starts getting "holier-than-thou" on Kurith, aye?

I've been trying my damndest to avoid looking at other characters' sheets unless I absolutely need to get a tidbit of info (such as a physical description or armour type) that would be readily evident to Kurith. So I've kept my pugly-nose out of other peoples' alignments and classes... and it's been fun trying to figure out just what the heck Quint is.

Naturally at first sight, Kurith guessed him to be "another skinny elf songbird" (i.e. a bard), but then when he managed to go for three hours without mentioning the majesty of trees, the superiority of elves, or his own name several hundred times, she guessed he wasn't a bard, but maybe a ranger instead. He kinda smells like a ranger to her..but not so much as Darius does. Now she's got it in her head that he is not only a rogue...but a rather chaotic and somewhat evil one. Mind you, "evil" is a rather harsh term for what Kurith thinks of as "pragmatic".

oooooh boy... here's the part where Quint starts getting "holier-than-thou" on Kurith, aye?

actually no, its why i want to worship nature itself since its pretty much up and down without any real view on whats right and wrong, good or bad. But swapping a class does not totally fit in with everything that has transpired so far in the story but oh well, i can live with it ::D: I am thinking that he wouldn't actually view himself as a cleric since he wouldn't actually be worshipping a deity

I've been trying my damndest to avoid looking at other characters' sheets unless I absolutely need to get a tidbit of info (such as a physical description or armour type) that would be readily evident to Kurith. So I've kept my pugly-nose out of other peoples' alignments and classes... and it's been fun trying to figure out just what the heck Quint is.

funny, I also only looked for the physical description or armour type as well ::P: , though Quintilas has his armor under his shirt, which i believe i may have hinted at, in one of my posts.

he is not only a rogue...but a rather chaotic and somewhat evil one. Mind you, "evil" is a rather harsh term for what Kurith thinks of as "pragmatic".

I've always found alignment a difficult thing, one action doesn't neccessarily make one good or bad, lawful or not, does it? So i'll likely not be a straight arrow ::P:::D:

As i've mentioned events of the night are a contributing factor to current actions, which i had planned on including in a later post. Though the tossing in of a cleric class might mean that i'll adjust it if it's needed to fit with a deity

still need input on this question if anyone knows, in FR, is one required to have a deity or can they go the no deity route and chose any two domains?

if i have to chose a deity, I know Storm and Elf is one of the combos i can chose, but if no deity is required then other combos would be nice. The Elf domain is because of his race (duh) and not so much nature

so we have something like this

Storm/Retribution

Storm/Time

Retribution/Time

the domains are all from either an elven or nature deity

of course Spike was the only one who had an opinion on whether i should even bother to swap out the classses, and its only being done so that we may have a bit more healing avaiable to the group, so I'm going with the notion that no voice means that it matters not to the others...

edit: oops, just checked my character sheet and my alignment is CG not NG as i previously stated, so i must have been thinking CN with good tendenices and decided to pop CG on the sheet. i edited the post above. Goes to show what you forget when you don't do much in a game with your character LOL! :blink:::P:::D::lol:

it's been fun trying to figure out just what the heck Quint is.

Naturally at first sight, Kurith guessed him to be "another skinny elf songbird" (i.e. a bard), but then when he managed to go for three hours without mentioning the majesty of trees, the superiority of elves, or his own name several hundred times, she guessed he wasn't a bard, but maybe a ranger instead. He kinda smells like a ranger to her..but not so much as Darius does. Now she's got it in her head that he is not only a rogue...but a rather chaotic and somewhat evil one. Mind you, "evil" is a rather harsh term for what Kurith thinks of as "pragmatic".

hehe, yes, i wanted him to give the appearance and feel of a ranger, it would have been more so if i started with a bow, but wanted to purchase that in-game, and now with a cleric class he may be thought of as possibly even a druid :blink:::D: , at least till he's seen opening a lock or disarming a trap :lol:

So, I’ve decided… and will swap out the fighter class for the cleric class, I’ll be taking a -3 penalty to hit, loss of a feat, very very minor change to skills, but the added spells will be of benefit to the group and I’ll add more cleric levels as Quintilas advances

I’ll be going with no devotion so that I may chose two domains freely, both domains are from Elven deities, one CN, the other CG, which fits nicely with my character.

So a little background that will not come out in gameplay because Quintilas is unaware of it.

Two of the lesser deities of the Seldarine also known as “the fellowship of brothers and sisters of the wood”, Shevarash a demigod and Aerdrie Faenya an Intermediate deity decided for their own reasons to grant an unlikely recipient their blessings, an act that also causes Quintilas to have troublesome dreams (if anyone recalls Quintilas game intro).

I’ll add a little something to my latest post to reflect this for now, but it'll become more evident as the game progress.

so I've pieced together when Quintilas acquired his spells and we'll see if i can manage to make it come out in-game :rolleyes:

I'll work on the character sheet changes tonight.

now we just need Rylek to get in here and start moving the story along :unsure:::D:

I was about to address that myself.

It's been ten days, granted ten holiday days, but with no update or even a hodwy-do?

Rylek, if you don't want to go through with this, just say so and save us any additional wasted effort.