removing primer

Justin

Is there a quick and easy way to remove primer? my brother seems to have a heavy hand when painting and the primer on a mini he was doing is so thick it has removed most of the details, so anything you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Justin

p.s. will nail polish remover take it off?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my Exchange mini primed and all the skin painted. I really messed up the mouth area and then realized I didn't like the transitions on the skin.

I have Castrol Superclean in the garage so I dunked it in that for a day.

I picked the mini up and 95% of the paint sloughed right off. I took an old toothbrush to the rest and it was perfectly clean. I spent maybe 20 seconds cleaning it with the toothbrush.

-Newt

Is there a quick and easy way to remove primer? my brother seems to have a heavy hand when painting and the primer on a mini he was doing is so thick it has removed most of the details, so anything you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Justin

p.s. will nail polish remover take it off?

I'm assuming you are dealing with a metal mini?

Try a dunk in "simple green". That gets some primers loose (I know Floquil Gray will come off).

Good Luck

AWhang

I'm one of the Simple Green afficianatos. I know people use a lot of different things, but SG is non-toxic, biodegradable and can be used to clean everything from car engines to glass, when diluted to the proper strength.

So while there may be other products that will do the job, I stay with SG because I don't have to worry that I'll poison myself or someone in my household using it. I won't be dumping something very harmful into the environment, either.