Sign in to follow this  
grey wolf

Another Animate Corpse question

I think that animate corpse should only be alllowed for neutral or evil casters. My thinking on this is imagine the holy crusaders running around casting animate corpse with the great many mages they have. Plus poor Marcus Gideon he'll have to kill the incoming enemys then turn on his own ranks to finish off the zombies that Valandil created :devil: .

I think that animate corpse should only be alllowed for neutral or evil casters. My thinking on this is imagine the holy crusaders running around casting animate corpse with the great many mages they have. Plus poor Marcus Gideon he'll have to kill the incoming enemys then turn on his own ranks to finish off the zombies that Valandil created :devil: .

Valandil is Neutral.

Rich

Crusader Rules Lawyering:

The spirits of the dead have already left their body and have no use for the shell. If I can animate the shell and send it to destroy evil, and spare the life of another Crusader, by not having to send him into battle, then I am serving the greater good by saving the lives of the righteous. Once the shells have served their purpose, we shall return the shells to their final rest.

Marcus Gideon on Crusader Rules Lawyering:

Zombies are mere playthings. Better to train the Undead Hunters on cheap fodder and overcome their fear of the Undead before they get faced with something truly Horrid like a Lich or Vampire.

Crusader Rules Lawyering:

The spirits of the dead have already left their body and have no use for the shell. If I can animate the shell and send it to destroy evil, and spare the life of another Crusader, by not having to send him into battle, then I am serving the greater good by saving the lives of the righteous. Once the shells have served their purpose, we shall return the shells to their final rest.

Marcus Gideon on Crusader Rules Lawyering:

Zombies are mere playthings. Better to train the Undead Hunters on cheap fodder and overcome their fear of the Undead before they get faced with something truly Horrid like a Lich or Vampire.

I fully expect that Animate Dead will be added to the list of Necromantic Magic spells started in the Necropolis book and as such will only be available to Evil casters.

Rich

i have a question about Chattel say you have a Vampire and he gets hit and you use Chattel and sacrifice could you use animate dead on the now passed chattel

I would presume so as the chattel was a living model before hand and not undead and thus able to be raised.

I fully expect that Animate Dead will be added to the list of Necromantic Magic spells started in the Necropolis book and as such will only be available to Evil casters.

That wouldn't surprise me either. I just had to stick up for the good guy's rationale. ^_^

I expect it will like be something similar to Life Transfer where there is a spell level difference for Necropolis/Necromancer vs other Evil Mages.