Hackmaster beholder?

TKD

I was putting together an order online and noticed the place I am getting some minis from has the Hackmaster Beholder listed. Is it any good? I could use one or two if they are.

Anyone have one and have an opinion on it?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering at the quality - casting, flash, etc. At the price, I might need to get two so I can modify one of them - knock off the eyestalks and made a few additions of my own. :)

mold lines on mine were not bad, except for the one across the teeth.  it took some effort to remove that.

the fit of the top and bottom half of the piece needed extensive putty.  major gaps exist, some can be seen in the pictures you recommended.

all in all, a decent cast, not terribly hard to assemble or clean up.

on a scale of 1 (WOTC black dragon) to 10, I would give it a 7 or 8.

hope that helped.

wish I had a decent camera, it turned out really nice.

cbs :upside:

Helps a lot, thanks. I just ended up ordering two of them; one I will probably use more-or-less as a beholder; the other is getting torn up for parts. The stalks I will save, the body will be the basis of an extra-planar critter I have been using in my games.

Thanks again folks.

The HackMaster Beholder consists of a top, bottom, 2 eye sprues (5 stalks per sprue), and a flying stand.

The HackMaster Lewd Beholder has a different top, the bottom has a tongue, and one of the two sprues has a pair of hands instead of two of the eye stalks. :D

So, I finally got my Hackmaster Beholders. Pretty cool. I am glad I pick up two of them. I filed and prepped my first one last night. It had a *lot* of thick flash, but I filed it all off.

A little kneadtite to fill in a gap, and I will have a very nice beholder mini.

Thanks to everyone who gave me details on this before I bought it.

Bear in mind the Hackmaster beholder mini is out of print now. http://www.RPGShop.com had them in stock last I looked (Mine just arrived in the mail from them a few days ago).

The flashing and seams will definitely need some filing and putty, but the piece is simple enough that it should look fine with minimal effort (famous last words! :) ).

Bear in mind the Hackmaster beholder mini is out of print now. http://www.RPGShop.com had them in stock last I looked (Mine just arrived in the mail from them a few days ago).

The flashing and seams will definitely need some filing and putty, but the piece is simple enough that it should look fine with minimal effort (famous last words! :) ).

Bear in mind the Hackmaster beholder mini is out of print now.

Sad, but true. :(

The "Lewd ..." version is still available :)