Sign in to follow this  
Magdalena

The unpainted Pile!!

Last time I counted I was at 10,000 unpainted. I keep saying I'm going to count again...

For shame, claiming the Asylum for your own... :devil: No, wait...seriously...? :wacko::blink::wow:

I am not sure which is worse, not painting, or painting about 50-60% and then never finishing....

I probably only have 60-80 not painted. I probably have 100-150 in that 50-60% completed range... It is just so hard to go back and finish them...

Hmm...about 70 metal, mostly DHL with a smattering of Warhammer, Warlord, and CAV...and at least 100 primed Warhammer models. Higher than expected, but not really surprising... :upside:

Also have a pile of 10-20 that'll probably be brought along whenever I finally make it to Reapercon...minis that looked cool, but just didn't work.

huh...I find it strangely comforting that, having just counted them, my total number of out-of-blister, desirous of paint models is 42.

I probably have well over 100, especially if you throw in the unpainted starship minis.

Model kits, I have 2 completed, 2 in progress, and 16 still in the box, including 4 figure sets.

Just as a quick guess I will say somewhere between 200-400. Now I'm gonna hafta go count.

But I did donate a boxfull to The Jester project. I was surprised at how much space it didn't free up.

:rolleyes:

For shame, claiming the Asylum for your own... :devil: No, wait...seriously...? :wacko::blink::wow:

Unfortunately I'm serious :upside: I intend to have a few more LE's to send to CBP for the Jester Benefit, but nothing that's going to dent the numbers... Many hystericals... er historicals... but still plenty of other stuff... lot's of wheeling and dealing to get to this point. The great purge will occur as part of my consolidation of two hobby rooms down to one but it's not like they are costing anything additional now that I've got 'em :wacko:

I should temper those unpainted numbers a little bit. I have been painting 15mm armies for Napoleonics (British, Austrian & Portugese), ACW (North and South) and WWII (Americans and Germans) for the better part of 20 years. Based on the sizes of some of those armies I have probably painted well in excess of 5000 figures over that time in just 15mm. So having a 1000 napoleonics laying around is not a big deal. Now the fantasy side the ratio is probably not nearly that good. :blink:

Outkast, I feel the same way! Way too many little people and not enough time. Even though I finish like 2 minis a week there is always an unending pile!

After looking at my Pockt PC's Database-That-Must-Be-Consulted-Before-Minis-Can-Be-Purchased, I have 331 unpainted minis. This is counting box sets, dioramas, multi mini blisters as just one mini- so it is probably around 350.

I though that was alot until I read some of the other posts in this thread.

including 25-35mm gaming scale minis, 54mm, 72/80/90mm figures, dragons and resin kits, I probably have between 50-100 kg of unpainted models (with another pound or two of plastic kits).

I have way to many, I have no idea the number just I know I bought a metal with plywood shelves for just my minis & at least 3 out of the 5 shelves are full & the 4th is about halfway full, probably be full if I put the bare metal figs from the bedroom (buy them & look at them before I go sleep sometimes) on there.

plastic kits for my models are the same way, way to many. I guess I'm a packrat or in this case horderat, just I love the look of the figures & something in me says I gotta have 'im, if you know what I mean, figmentia has got ahold of me for sure, ha ha ha

RM

I can relate to that. Considering how little I paint and how many I have, I'll never get them all painted. But I have been better about buying more lately, mainly because we're trying to watch spending more lately. But they're still cool to have even unpainted, right?