Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker75

New Guy

while we can understand the desire to keep newbie questions together, once a thread like this has enough different topics running at once, it become fair game to be split back into seperate threads for each topic.

like now.

Tactician Discusson

Ranger movement is a free move done after deployment, but before anyone else activates. Models with Ranger also have an easier time moving through difficult terrain.

Deployment is turn based. Each player gathers up their initiative cards only, no tactician cards, and they are shuffled into a deck. Draw the first card, and whichever player that is deploys a unit. Lather, rinse, repeat until all units are deployed.

The Spy special ability gives you the option of "burying" a deployment card-placing it on the bottom of the deck-once for each Spy model. It's a way to help insure that you deploy when you want to.

Spy only works during Deployment SS, don't get too excited. It does not work during the course of the game. For that, you need to be playing Overlords and their Faction SA: Hunter's Edge.

Not quite; Spy only lets you bury the card during Deployment. Tactician helps add additional cards to the deck to increase your odds of going first during the combat rounds of the game. Not perfect, but there can be a tactical advantage to doing so, particularly by holding out those cards in the early rounds, and adding them in around the start of Round 3.

EDIT: And Qwyk got his post in seconds before me. ::P:

~v

Ron

Where are you guys playing in Houston?

Depends. Vince (Shakandara) plays on the west side at Midnight Comics. I'm currently doing demos and paint and takes on the ESE side at Skirmish Games in Deer Park. I'm doing a Warlord demo this Saturday from 1-4 at Skirmish Games.

Let's take this to PM (since I wanted to let Vince and possibly others see the locations in Houston, but anything else should be PM since it's not general interest).

Ron

Thanks ladystorm. Thats the right move to do. This thread has certainly created a lot of discussion. I'm really glad that everyone has been contributing and that my presence has helped spark the Warlord boards.