Grey mouser

TKD

I was perusing my mini collection and realized that 2152 Fafnir of Kjord would make a pretty good Fafhrd, of Fritz Leiber's "swords" book series.

So, all I need is a Grey Mouser. Any suggestions for a mini for him?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mouser is a favorite of mine, and I use him as the "iconic" swashbuckling thief-mage when describing my prefered character type.  He is also a "bad guy" who is really "good", so is a nice example of how a D&D thief can be run without actually robbing and backstabbing the party every time.

I'm still looking for the "perfect" mini for him as well, but haven't found one that suits to my satisfaction.  

2602: Tor, Barbarian of Hakir might do it if you remove the shield and swap out the sword for a rapier.

2618: Elbreth Eveningstar, Half Elf Thief would match closely if one blade was swapped for a long tooth dagger.

But I think 2689: Kurff the Swift, is the best bet so far.  You just have to add a dagger again, and he's the Mouser.

The new Kurf the Swift does not strike me as Mouser-like for some reason. The backward-facing dagger in his left hand is a pain, too - too much trouble to remove, and Mouser fought like a fencing, not like an icepick wielder.

Still need to get closer looks at the other minis...online pictures just do not tell me the whole story. Besides, it would be more than awkward if the Mouser's mini was as tall as the Fafhrd mini. :)