Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

The Family

James-

"I dunno, she's a bit busy right now, sir. Might I recommend the veal? Everyone enjoys the veal." the waiter says a bit nervously. He looks back at Maria and then, leans closer to James.

"Look, its that we've been having a bit of trouble lately." the waiter says in a low voice, almost a whisper . "After that Cruco bastard, I don't think she's really lenient about people going abck there to talk to her. That and... well... she doesn't speak English. Immigration issues, you know? Please don't tell anyone I told you this..."

"But if you ask me, I've tried the veal. It IS the best in town, trust me." he says.

Outside, Paulo shuffles from one foot to another impatiently, flicking his quarter up and down. The boy is standing at the window right where James is sitting.

Sal and Vitto-

"That'll be me... for you." Paulie says, snapping the revolving loader onto the gun, and begining to load shells into the cylinders.

"I'll take that as you want da job, yeah?" he says.

"Alright, well if you haven't heard already, there's a punk running around the neighborhood by the name of Cruco. He's been collectin' from people around da neighborhood. We've already sent someone after him, a newblood mick from the Dock Yards, and I got people watchin' over that guy too, to make sure the job's done."

Paulie finishes loading the gun and grabs the roll of tape. He begins to tape the pistol grip, making sure every little space is covered by the material. After he's done with that, he tapes the hammer and the grip. Vitto, again keener of eye, notices the gun barrel is scratched badly where the serial number should have been.

"We've been gettin' words Cruco's not alone in this. Some of our guys said they saw him around town with some tough guys. Could be hired muscles. Could be gangsters from another family, we don't know. We don't know who they are and where they came from, not even their names, but we've got an address of where they might be."

Paulie then proceeds to take out another gun and tapes that one up as well in the same fashion. He produces a piece of paper from his pocket and slides it to Vitto. There's an address on it, a local restaurant: Bruno's Joint.

"Apparently, the two stugots, they go there. Case the joint, check it out, and see if ya can find the two. Then, talk to 'em, see where they're from. Give 'em a warnin' if you can, convince 'em to ditch Cruco. Whatever. But if that doesn't work out..."

Paulie slides the two guns and the ammo carton across the counter towards the brothers.

"Take care of em."

"Capisce? Any questions?"

"Look, its that we've been having a bit of trouble lately." the waiter says in a low voice, almost a whisper . "After that Cruco bastard, I don't think she's really lenient about people going abck there to talk to her. That and... well... she doesn't speak English. Immigration issues, you know? Please don't tell anyone I told you this..."

James looks to the waiter and says, "Ahhh Cruco. What can you tell me of this man whispering it back to the waiter."

After the waiter tells him any kind of information he looks around to make sure no one is looking his way. He then turns and looks out the window and gives lil Paulo a nod and then turns his attention back to the waiter. He pulls him down so he can whisper in his ear ever so softly, "You see myself and Maria have a common friend ------ an old italian friend. That friend is not Cruco either. So if you would please I really need to speak with her. If need be you can come back out and play interpreter for her but I really need to see her." He then lets the waiter go so he can stand back up. He looks to the waiter and states, "So the Veal is quite excellent here? Is there any other specials that Maria is making today?"

James-

"Sorry sir, I don't know much about Cruco. Seems like he's a fairly new face, roughed up a few peeps and now everyone's paying him. Other than that, nothing." the waiter says.

When James pulls him down, he can sense the waiter getting nervous.

As the waiter stands up straight again, James can see he is trying hard to keep a calm composure.

"Special, well, maybe. I do not know..." the waiter says at a normal volume of voice. "If you may, sir, follow me and we can ask the cook." With that, the waiter steps aside and takes you to the kitchen.

In the back room, the heat is near unbearable. Several pots are on the stove at a low flame, two of them bubbling with creamy sauces and another an herbal chicken soup of some sort. At a counter, cutting fresh vegetables, stands Maria, who turns around and notices James. She looks down and nods, a shy greeting if anything.

"May I introduce the cook and the owner of this place: Maria." the waiter says then asks James: "Ummm... who are you, again?"

James look to the woman and says, "Mrs. or Miss. Maria. Pleased to make your aquaintance. You see we have amutual friend who is in fact not liking this Cruco fella either. His name is Don Marlino and hes asked me to delive this message to you" with that James takes the envelop out - opens the envelop making sure the correct amount is there - when he counts out $300.00 he hands the money to Maria and says, "Vincenzo sends his best along with Don Marlino. As for this Cruco punk - we'll see what we can do to help you in the future."

James shakes her hand and looks to the waiter with a gruff look and states, "If you have any information about Cruco state it now please."

If the waiter doesn't know anymore James walks out of the kitchen breathes very deeply and states, "What wonderful smells come out of this place..." He then pulls the list out of pocket and scratches off Maria's Pasta.

Lucas Aprillo Lucas's Cobbler Shop $ 310

Francis DiAtrio Soup and Bread Diner $ 250

Giovanni Grochi Gio's Cobbler and Shoes $ 400 ----- Done

Maria Tarino Maria's Pasta $ 300 ----- Done

Peter Marlesco Marlesco's Bed and Diner $ 160

He then turns and walks out the door and bends over to little Paulo. James asks, "So another quarter is you can take me to Lucas's Cobbler Shop."

James-

After the waiter translated everything, Maria's fear seems relieved and she takes the time to shake your hand and accept the money.

"Grazie." is all she says.

Otherwise, the waiter tells you he knows nothing else about Cruco and has told you everything he knows. he also apologizes, stating he did not know you were working for Don Marlino and takes the oppertunity to give the Don a few compliments and praise.

As you leave, you find Paulo talking with some kids loitering outside, but, as soon as he sees you, he runs up to you and looks up at you.

"Lucas? I know where Lucas is but..." he says and pauses, his voice sounding a bit sad.

"Mista, I hate to ask this of you, but its my sista. She's very sick, and she needs the medicine. So I was wondering if I may get 2 quarters per shop from now on? Please mista! I-a love her so very much! Pleeeeaaaaase?" he says, grabbing and tugging gently on your shirt sleeve.

James bends down and looks to Paulo. He say's, "Well my newest little friend we will see what I can do for you. Maybe there'll be a bonus at the end of my trips for your services my friend. We only need to make 4 more stops. Plus I might be able to help you and your sister out in the future as well .... but .... lets finish this little journey first. Then maybe sometime in the future I will meet you at Marias for lunch. The place has wonderful smells. ::): "

"Don't worry," Sal says, "we can take care of those goombas. If Vitto here can't talk some sense into 'em, I'm sure that my two friends here can!" He holds up his clenched fists, huge biceps and forearms bulging.

Having apparently shocked the room into silence with his intimidating brawn, Sal reaches across the table and grabs the two guns, slipping one into his waistband and covering it with his slightly grimy t-shirt. He presses the other pistol into his brother's hand and squeezes his shoulder. "Let's get outta here, we gots work ta do." He steers Vitto back to the door and out onto the hot sidewalk.

Ooc-

Sorry for being so delayed on this one! :unsure:

I'll get a post up soon, I promise.

Btw, did you two bros grab the guns offered to ya?

OOC- Oops, I meant to do something about the guns in my first post but it slipped my mind. I'll edit it above. Thanks for the reminder. Oh, and no worries!! RL comes first, good to have ya back though!

edit: And it's done!

The Brothers-

There is a sudden decline of activity as the two brothers walk out into the streets. People are beginning to head home for the afternoon. Even the guard at the door looks tired and, upon seeing you, he merely steps away. The tough guy demeanor left with a yawn. As you stand on the streets, you hear footsteps rushing down the steps after you, and you turn to see Joey hurrying down towards you.

"Damn, ya can wait for me, ya know?" he says, hurryingly putting on his coat.

"Paulie told me ya need a cah. I gots one out in the back lot. Need a ride, don't ya? Come on!" he says, leading the way through an alleyway behind the pool hall. The lot itself is a clearing amongs the building. Not a fancy parking lot, more of a courtyard around the buildings with a Ford Model-T parked in the middle. A very old one, tires nearly flat, paint chipping. The windows are tinted brown from the dust with two clear circles where the wipers still work. You'd be damned if that thing could even start.

"Ya commin, or what?" Joey says and jumps in the car, starting it. It sputters as he tries the ignition several times.

"Sorry, just gimme a sec with it." he says.

"So," he asks for small talk as he steps out and opens the car's hood, checking the rusty old engine inside. "We didn't get a proper introduction. Where y'all from?"

James-

"No problem, mista!" the boy perks up and starts leading you down the streets.

Your instincts tells you there's something fishy about this kid. Not overly bad, but he's a bit too sly for his age, you could say.

After a walk, you arrive a Lucas. The shop is closed for today, with the grill closed over the door and windows and the lights off. There is, however, a slot for mail to be dropped, right at the door.

"Well, looks like he isn't here, mista. Maybe we should go to another shop?" little Paulo says. He seems impatient.

"Damn, ya can wait for me, ya know?" he says, hurryingly putting on his coat.

"Sorry, it was awful quiet in there and we was anxious to get started" Sal replies.

"Ya commin, or what?" Joey says and jumps in the car, starting it. It sputters as he tries the ignition several times.

"A ride sounds good, 'specially after beatin' feat all the way over here. Thanks!" Sal hops in the passenger side of the car and makes himself comfy.

Where y'all from?"

"Well, we grew up in da Bronx," Sal answers cheerfully. "But we been livin' wit our Uncle P right here in Little Italy since I was 12. Where abouts are you from?"