Sign in to follow this  
skavenbabe

Wereshark and Male Sea Elf

A couple of sea critters i've done for a client. Let me know what you think!

I'm rather pleased with the wereshark, I'm starting to get a handle on the highlighting dark colors thing.

wereshark1.jpg

wereshark2.jpg

wereshark3.jpg

I'm also rather pleased with my green work on the sea elf. Green is a color I struggle with and I took a long time looking at other peoples green work before tackling this guy. It became a personal challenge and I think I've done my best green yet.

maleseaelf1.jpg

maleseaelf2.jpg

maleseaelf3.jpg

the green looks good. it is a hard color to master but you did well with it. I like both of these minis a lot. You did a wonderful job.

Wonderful job on both of these mate. The wereshark's highlighting is fantastic and the green came off really well on the sea elf. I think you did great!

Ah, that were-shark is killer, Leanne. I think the elf's skin is still a little weird, but if I stare at it long enough, I can start to get the impression that the highlights on it are being defracted across his body from the sunlight passing through the ocean waves above. The dark eyes on him are really cool too, and I dig the coral-coloration of the spear-tip.

~v

I LOVE that wereshark! Great colors.. I never would have thought of that, and I so very impressed by the idea and execution. wonderful highlights on this one.

I like the colors on the sea elf too... but i see him more in a blue... IMHO

great job on both.

LC, I see sea elves as blue as well. In D&D however they are said to have green skin and black hair. So, this is a very D&D appropriate mini. I like the green. It's different

I think these are both awesome! I'm painting up the female sea elf (my WIP thread shows her), and I'm hoping I can make her dark blues look as nice as that wereshark's dark colors. That's a beauty! The green sea elf is really nice, too, as I love those yellows. You did a really nice job finding the light on him. Really stunning work.