Sign in to follow this  
Boren Backslap

Background material?

Maybe ReaperRobert can help with this one:

In CASKET WORKS #5, stat bars are posted for the Court of Abyst set. All but Vareesh have PAG's and two have AAG's.

The question is "What spell abilities do these PAG's and AAG's represent? We are leanig toward "Fear" and "Fireball", but wanted something official.

We really enjoy the background articles in CW, and look forward to many more.

I believe that Ritterlich in the fantasy setting are the vampires.  It's been a while though, and I'm more famillair with the Ritterlich of the CAV setting, which I'm pretty sure is not connected.

There is an interesting bit in the DHA box set, where a Templar writes from a spaceport, but that's another matter entirely.

FM is correct on Ritterlich. It is a confederation(think feudal Germany) two states run by vampires, two in some turmoil, the oveerall leader a vampire. No explanation of the six-legged wolves, but it probably won the Ritterlich Science Fair gold ribbon :laugh:

They look like big lupine centipedes.

I'd imagine someone made a six-legged wolf, and someone thought "If we call it a blood-wolf, we can put it in Ritterlich with the vampires."

As far as the story connection, yeah, I'd like to know too.

... I get dragged out to the woodshed and flogged...

Ouch! You guys are rather extreme in defense of your properties. Either that or there's some kind of weird spanking/wrist slapping with a ruler/flogging underground I know nothing about. :)

Be happy - what you don't know can't hurt you... :D

So who are Ritterlich and why do their wolves have 6 legs? (Just read Jackal of Nar by John Marco, so i'm interested in war-wolves...)

I read that too...What were your thoughts?...I was less than enthused and don't figure to pick up the next one... :(

Overall a much superior system to Chainmail for running big actions, next up---a siege involving rival Highland factions.

Failing Prudence Roll....

Must.... have.... Dark Heaven... boxed set.....

must.... have....

Ask your local game shop to check with thier supplier to see if there are any still at the suppliers. Some game shops even have more than one supplier they can work through.

Lady Tam

So who are Ritterlich and why do their wolves have 6 legs? (Just read Jackal of Nar by John Marco, so i'm interested in war-wolves...)

I read that too...What were your thoughts?...I was less than enthused and don't figure to pick up the next one... :(

i'm torn. On one hand I found it had some fascinating ideas, cultures and characters. on t'other, it took way too long, and i'm getting this "Thomas Covenant all over again" feeling- TC was good, but once was enough for me.

So, on topic, am I to assume ritterlich are all vampires, or just fantasy Transylvania? ie ruled by vampire elite?