On-Topic Rampancy

anvil

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned to be able to go at it in 15 minute chunks if I have to. That's the biggest reason I use a wet pallete. But, I do my best work when I'm about an hour into it, which means I just get rolling at night when I have to go to bed. Painting groups are usually where I do my best work, because I don't get interrupted for a few hours.

The ultimate goal is to not buy anything new to paint except for in-progress projects until they are finished.

Bwahhahhahaha!

Er, um, I mean...

BWahahahahahaha!

Sorry.... ::P:

I had this same plan. Until I decided to buy a Samnite army for Historicon (I have 100+ days till, think I'll make it?). I am, however, putting into storage a lot of my half-completed figures until such time as I need them. I'm just going to concentrate on this army, and the figures I need to paint for D&D (so far almost exlusively Reaper). This'll definitely help the queue...

Damon.

I know. It's something of an illness for me as well. But Last night I worked on some Men-at Arms for my Bretts for a solid two hours because there was nothing else distracting me...

After reading this, me and parts of my body are kinda happy about our decision for no children. :poke: Every time I go to the LGS I tell my self no more mini's till I've painted my two buddies armies and more of my stuff, I always seem to walk out one or two mini's heavier though.

Bilesuck -

Dads compairing 'Getting Groined' stories is like war vets showing scars... No regrets - just more stories ::D: .

There are some that say they are too greedy to have kids - they don't want to have to share their stuff...

Parents will tell you the opposite is true... Having kids is soooo much fun... You'd hate to live without them.

Then they kick you in the happysack and balance is restored.

To each their own though.

I figure there is about another 4 years before I start turning them into painting machines!!!! By then - my wall of shame should be big enough that I can use the help.

Bilesuck -

Dads compairing 'Getting Groined' stories is like war vets showing scars... No regrets - just more stories ::D: .

There are some that say they are too greedy to have kids - they don't want to have to share their stuff...

Parents will tell you the opposite is true... Having kids is soooo much fun... You'd hate to live without them.

Then they kick you in the happysack and balance is restored.

To each their own though.

I figure there is about another 4 years before I start turning them into painting machines!!!! By then - my wall of shame should be big enough that I can use the help.

Your own personal painting force is a good idea for kids ::D: I just know that I would not make a good parent, and do not want to prove myself right at the cost of a child (not dead, just really messed up)