Rylek

City of Splendors: Waterdeep

"Good day to you, m'lady Songsteel!" Eligos says heartily with a mock bow. "How may I be of service to you on such a dreary day?" He waves his hand through the air in front of her face and leaves a dazzling array of glimmering sparkles hanging behind it.

Having known the half-orc bartender for some time, Kurith has learned to pick through all of Irenda's babbling and get to the root of the message. She sits back on her barstool and mentally pieces together Irenda's recollections of the previous night's events with her own foggy memories, hoping to make sense of it all. She is happy to have resolved the mystery of the gold teeth, though the part about the gnome gives her cause for remorse. The girl was just another whore, but even orcs never buried their own dead with the garbage.

Not feeling particularly compelled to talk to anybody about anything else, Kurith takes her empty glass and helps herself to a refill from the porter barrel. "Take it outta my pay.", she mutters, though Irenda has already moved to the other end of the bar to see to the needs of some other nameless drunk.

She goes to her room; not because anybody told her to but because she wants to. The room is a small one on the third floor overlooking the alley behind The Sailors' Corner. The rain is not enough to wash away the stench of all the rotting garbage that has accumulated against the inn's back wall like a snowdrift. Unable to shake the thought of the gnome's final resting place, Kurith heads straight for the opened window and closes it. She then draws the curtain, though it is only a curtain in name. At one time it had been a bed covering, but now hangs from two nails driven into the wooden windowframe.

Apart from a wardrobe closet that is missing one door and a rickety bed, the room is unfurnished. There is no private washroom, and except for the curtain the walls are bare. After bolting her door, Kurith sits on the bed and contemplates whether to use the glass of porter she brought from downstairs on her wounds or just drink the stuff.

In the end she decides that Irenda is right, and that a drink will do her some good. After downing the glass of stale porter, she lies back on the bed. Though she only means to nap for a few moments, she falls asleep,

Dagan doesn't even give old soldshort the gratification of a reply, consedering he has never been late with his rent. He simply walks out the door and heads for Underdark tavern to speak with thor.

“Yes! Can I help you?”

“HERE!” calls out Quintilas

As he reaches the stairs, a tall slender man wearing white and green in his simple clothes of tunic, jerkin, and breeches with high soft leather boots has already descended halfway down. His only finery is a gold oak leaf clasp on his forest green cloak, he also carries panpipes on his belt. If the pair of pointed ears protruding from beneath his long curly blond locks weren’t enough to give an indication of the mans heritage then his deep bronze skin would surely tell you that he’s a gold elf. Quintilas immediately recognizes Arkiem Arren as he’s seen him performing at the Safehaven Inn a many ole nights.

“He has a bad cut on his hand and fainted afterwards from the loss of blood, may have a bruise on his head now as well” he says starting to make his way up the stairs as Arkiem assist him with his burden.

“It’s young Marcus, Essimuth shop boy” he concludes as his reaches the top of the stairs.

With little to no one around, Vargos takes a glance around him and readjusts his hood, shaking loose droplets of water before going and South and trying to see if there's anything to kill time until later this evening.

OOC- What's The Daily Trumpet? Is that some kind of newspaper?

Eligos…..

Caidiana Songsteel looks to you and gives you a sly wink. She says to you, “Hmmmm arrangements can be made at how I may be able to service you that’s for sure. :devil: But first things first rent will be due by the end of week so please don’t forget. Sometimes on occasion I know how you are (she slides you another wink and blows you a kiss in the air).”

Letting the air clear for a few seconds ….. she slides you another wink and says, “Ohhhh yes sir ---- an apprentice from Kolats Towers stopped by looking for you earlier today. You were still sleeping I believe …. to my knowledge anyway …. without me even :devil: …. but then that wouldn’t be sleeping :devil: …. and asked for you to stop by the establishment sometime this afternoon….”

Kurith……

The air is thick and smoky. You can almost cut it with a knife. Irenda is behind the bar doing her barkeeping thing. It’s a busy night in Sailors Corner. Appears that a “new ship” has docked and the crew are out and about inside of the bar this evening. The place is actually packed. As you scan the crowd you see the flicker of steel. The instincts kick in and your off. The flicker is more pronounced at this point and time begins to slow. You see the arm going backwards and then forwards very fast. The dagger goes flying through the air enroute to Irenda. No matter how fast you move its not fast enough. As you get closer to the action you scream, “Irenda …… knif….” At that point in time the dagger tumbles again and the blade punctures her right in the ribcage by her heart. Her mouth drops open and the look of disgust and dread shows on her face. Automatically she reaches for the dagger and withdraws the blade. As you proceed to her you do not the flicker of steel right behind you and the fast movement of arm slamming into your left kidney.

You wake up all of sudden……

After about a 2 hour nap you notice your are free of the hangover that has plagued you earlier in the day. After “cleaning up” a bit you proceed back downstairs. The feeling of de ja vue stikes you again. There are only 5 patrons in the bar and Irenda tending to them. Irenda looks over yto you and says, “Bettern den befor?” She starts to laugh again. She goes on to say, “Comen here!”

Dagan……

Once outside you notice the rain has not let up since you went inside. With the heightened awareness the hairs are standing up on the back of your neck. As you make your way to Snail Street you notice nothing out of the ordinary. Since the weather has pretty much everyone staying indoors there’s not a lot of action going on in Waterdeep today.

With a heightened sense of insecurity and the events that unfolded earlier today you take particular notice to what is in each direction. Arriving at Snail Street you first look to the North then to the South. To the north as far as the eye can see you notice not too much out of the ordinary. A few (5-8 patrons) are out and about walking around. To the south you see a few more then to the north (10 – 15 patrons) walking about.

A decision unfolds before you…. Take Shesetas Street to the North to head East or take Street of Curting to the south and head to the east……

Quintilas……

Arkiem Arren looks to you and says, “Ohhh my…. Lets get him up here and fast.” The gold elf meets you on the steps and helps you to the top and into the greeting room of The Temple of Good Cheer. You both bend down and lay the young boy on the ground. Arkiem looks over the situation he says to you, “Try to keep the boy warm for the time being. I’ll be back as fast as I can ….. need to get me healing kit.” That being said the gold elf races off down the hall and through a doorway. As he’s going down the corridor you hear him call out, “We need assistance in the common room and fast!!!!”

Looking down at the boy his complexion has gone from a soft fleshy color to a pale grayish color. His hand is saturated with blood and his arm is getting very discolored. You hear 2 more doors open up with chatter that you can’t really understand. You hear a third door crash open. A few seconds of nothing seems like an eternity then you hear it, 3 distinct sounds of footsteps coming back down the hallway. The first one you see is Arkiem round the corner healing kit in hand making his way back to you. As he draws close he slides to you on his knees opening the healing kit while he slides. He reaches the young boy and immediately digs into his bag for a vial of a serum. He then applies the serum to the nasty wound. Once the serum is applied the other 2 priests make it to the lad, one overweight elf and one female half-elf. You don’t seem to recognize these 2. They look to you then to the boy. Arkiem says, “Well Quintilas ---- the lad’ll be fine however won’t be making it back to work for a day or two. Looks as if whatever had cut the lad had some nasty poisons or magical effects on the blade. If you’d be so kind as to leave him in our care we will make sure he gets back to Helms Hall in a day or two ----- whenever he’s well enough to walk.” He then looks to the other 2 priests and says, “We’ll take him to my room ---- he’ll be able to rest up there.”

Vargos……

Beginning to walk to the South you notice first and foremost the rain is particularly bad today. It has not left up since early this morning or so it appears anyway. The first business you pass (1 on supplement) is Medusas Glare. It’s a typical business in Waterdeep specializing in magical goods. Right next to it you see Tymoras Blessing (2 on supplement). This is a typical tavern by nature. Third a few buildings to the South would be The Daily Trumpet. This is one of Waterdeeps newspapers.

As you walk towards the Medusas Glare looking inside of the shop window you notice 2 people on the inside.

The barroom of the Sailors' Corner seems to have quieted down and the air smells less dank, or so it seems to a more well-rested Kurith. Her appetite has returned, and she hopes that the kitchen will soon be serving dinner for the Corner's boarders.

"Bettern den before?" She starts to laugh again. She goes on to say, "Comen here!"

"Sorry I cuffed'ya upside yer roont ear there.", she says from the less-occupied end of the bar as Irenda finishes serving the other patrons. When Irenda comes over, Kurith says to her, "Maybe ya think ya oughtta take a night off an' let that ear heal up?"

Kurith reaches into her pocket and discreetly places a gold tooth into Irenda's hand. "Maybe ya could find up some bread or s'more of that baked fish." She leans in a bit closer and speaks more quietly so the other patrons hopefully will not overhear.

"What's it ya want me for? Is it more 'bout that fight las'night?"

Quintilas lightly presses against Marcus wound to keep it from bleeding any further. Quintilas has never had cause to enter the Temple of Good Cheer, which is also the home of Arkiem and Rachel Arren. This main room is lightly furnished and the whole floor is polished. From what Quintilas has heard, the entire western third of the long room is where Rachel instructs classes in Rashemite, Tethyran, and ancient elven court dances. The southeast part of the room at the top of the stairs near his location is the makeshift temple, there are a pair of large silver holy symbols of Milil and Lliira respectively mounted high on a wall swathed in red velvet.

Quintilas concern for the boy deepens as he notices the lack of warmth in the lads features and suspects his injuries are greater than just a cut from a normal blade. He feels for a pulse with his free hand, and as he picks up a slow faint rhythm Arkiem comes sliding across the polished floor towards him. He watches intently as Arkiem applies the serum and only replies with a “hmmm, I see” as he’s informed of Marcus condition.

Before leaving Quintilas approaches the makeshift temple, takes a knee and gives prayers for Marcus safety and speedy recover, then donates a couple gold pieces as he leaves.

Old Essimuth sure to be b#$%#ing about not having Marcus there to make his money today, HA! he thinks as he laughs to himself. He knows Essimuth has a fondness for youngsters, especially those with some hint of promise in certain similar admirable skills, as Marcus has demonstrated, its in part the reason Quintilas chose him from amongst the other children to assist Essimuth. As he heads back, an interesting thought occurs to him.

I ain’t got no real plans till this evening, maybe Essimuth wouldn’t mind me filling in for Marcus fer today. Hell, if I’m ever to take over this place it won’t hurt to start learning some of the business in’s and out’s. Besides this weather always tends to bring out the cities hooligans, couldn’t hurt to have an extra swordarm about since today’s a big money day!

Silvanus save me, not the Underdark again!, Darius thinks as he finishes reading the letter for the third time. Memories of his last visit to the famous alehouse and adventurer hangout punch him in the brain so hard that he feels a bit queasy. It's not really the fight with the half-orc that's the most jarring; it's the one of waking up next to Ursula, the bearded lady from Garreth's Amazing Wonders traveling show that really makes him want to hork.

"At least I can get some rest before going," he mutters to himself as he snuffs the lamp and rolls over on his side. "That place is better visited when well rested."

______

Later that night, a refreshed Darius walks out of Gondalims, and heads for the Underdark, his eyes never staying in one spot for long, keeping a sharp lookout for trouble.

Such dreadful weather! So gloomy! No weather for a KNIGHT to trudge in.

Vargos continues pacing down the street, keeping his head low to keep the water from soaking his eyes.

Vargos's slightly bored state, of course, convinces him to inquistively look into the window of the Medusa Glare when he notices who is inside. He stands by the window and looks inside for a bit, paying attention to the faces, wondering if its someone he knows.

Kurith…..

"Maybe ya think ya oughtta take a night off an' let that ear heal up?”

Irenda replies, “Why’n? I loven da job… and da ear be bettern in da morn.”

Kurith reaches into her pocket and discreetly places a gold tooth into Irenda's hand. "Maybe ya could find up some bread or s'more of that baked fish." "What's it ya want me for? Is it more 'bout that fight las'night?"

Irenda responds, “Giv’n me a sec……”

She looks around around the bar to make sure all the patrons are content with their drinks. She sees no one needing a drink at this time she looks over to a corner of the bar and a table. She tells you, “Go tak’n a seat der. Iv’s gets ya somtin to eats and we can talkz.” She takes the gold tooth and smirks. She begins to chuckle to herself looks to you before you take off to sit and the table and throws you a wink. She states, “Aye goodn time last night” She then walks back into the kitchen area.

As you walk over to the lone table nothing really interesting happens in the bar. About 15 minutes later Irenda returns from the kitchen and a smile on her face. She pours another porter and heads over to your table. She takes a seat on the opposite end of the table and you notice one of the kitchen workers enters the bar to tend to the other drunks in the place.

Irenda leans over the table and begins to whisper to you. She say’s, “I gotsa job needin done. We can maken lotsa a monies. Interested?” After that sentence she waits a minute or two and leans back in her chair laughing. She looks to you and says, “Food’n comin shortly.”

Quintilas……

Making your way down to the first floor you still see the bums sleeping one off in the hallway however they changed position. Instead of being spread out they are beside one another making small talk with one another. As you approach the talk becomes more of whisper and barely audible to your ears.

Dagan…….

Walking south you enter the beginning of The Street of Curting. The alleyway is fairly long and is not very populated except for a few drunks in the gutters (you can make out about 4 or so) and not very many beings walking around (about 3-4). Upon entering the alleyway and walking about 50 yards the hairs on the back of your neck begin to stand on end again. That feeling of ‘someone walking across your grave’ from earlier this day has returned.

Darius…….

Upon waking up you feel quite refreshed. Getting out of bed and getting your affairs in order you proceed out of Gondakims and walk out into the street. The day is pretty much spent and apparently the rain has never left up at all. It is still nice and wet outside and you can feel the evening chill creeping onto the skin. As you walk out into the street you see the lamplighters are starting to make their way down the street.

The road you come out onto is High Street (one of the main streets in Waterdeep) and you know the direction to get to The Underdark is to the south.

However, before you even get close to that local there a few district locals in your direct vicinity.

From memory you recall these places starting off:

Sarens Fine Swords – business

Costumers Hall – guild hall

Olmhazans Jewels – business

Peweters and Casters – guild hall

The Blue Jack – tavern

The Jade Jug – inn

The Unicorns Horn – inn

Auroras Realms Shop – business

Guildhall of the Order – guild hall

Citadel of the Arrow – guild hall

Vargos……

Staring into Medusas Glare you notice a person at the counter and then you see Nartuel Ashsong – elf behind the counter. Looking in it appears that their transaction is just about complete. You see the exchange of good and the person at the counter turns and starts to walk towards the door.

While Irenda is busy, Kurith looks over the other patrons in the bar on the off chance any of them might have been in her dream.*

She takes the gold tooth and smirks. She begins to chuckle to herself looks to you before you take off to sit and the table and throws you a wink. She states, "Aye goodn time last night" She then walks back into the kitchen area.

Kurith groans, thinking to herself that Irenda is either very simple-minded or that she is trying in her own way to demonstrate a romantic interest in Kurith.** When the poor half-human returns from the kitchen, Kurith makes sure there is plenty of space between Irenda and herself.

Irenda leans over the table and begins to whisper to you. She says, "I gotsa job needin done. We can maken lotsa a monies. Interested?"

"That all?", Kurith asks, at least glad to have had her curiosity sated. "Maybe..long as it izz'n what these other girls round here does."

After that sentence she waits a minute or two and leans back in her chair laughing. She looks to you and says, "Food’n comin shortly."

"We talk about it later.", says Kurith, hoping there will indeed be a later chance. "You shouldd'n work tonight. There prob'ly gonna be s'more trouble here."

* Spot: 23 (rolled 19 +4 modifier)

** Sense Motive: 8 (rolled 7 +1 modifier)

Eligos..

Caidiana Songsteel looks to you and gives you a sly wink. She says to you, "Hmmmm arrangements can be made at how I may be able to service you that's for sure. :devil: But first things first rent will be due by the end of week so please don't forget. Sometimes on occasion I know how you are (she slides you another wink and blows you a kiss in the air).

Letting the air clear for a few seconds .. she slides you another wink and says, "Ohhhh yes sir ---- an apprentice from Kolats Towers stopped by looking for you earlier today. You were still sleeping I believe... to my knowledge anyway... without me even :devil: ... but then that wouldn't be sleeping :devil: and asked for you to stop by the establishment sometime this afternoon."

"I have no doubts that I would be suffering from sleep deprivation had I the pleasure of your company. Never fear, m'lady" the devilish looking Eligos responds with a sly wink, "the rent has already been dispatched by courier and should be arriving any day now!" (i.e. The Check's in the Mail!) "I bid thee good day, fair wench." He gestures to the rest of the room. "If any of these ruffians give you trouble, be sure to note their names and places of lodging and they will be dealt with upon my return." With a flourish of his cape he turns for the door, grabbing a couple of particularly tasty biscuits on his way by the kichen. "Add these to my tab my dear" and heads out the door.

Once outside, a pall comes over his until now jovial demeanor. Why would the wizards at Kolats Tower need to see me?? Curiosity outweighing his better judgment, Eligos shrugs and warily heads in the direction of the Tower, trying to quell the feeling of dread that this is a trap arranged by the Red Wizards who have sought him for so long.

Dagans quick pace becomes a slower walk. He leans down and sets down Ogre, gives the dog a pat on the head. Thoughts of ehlonna, drennan, and his brother rush through his head. Dagan stands, pulls back his hood of his cloak. He checks his equipment for possible snags, should the need arise to draw them.

"No more will I fear what I cannot see"

Figuring the worst and best thing that can come out of this is seeing Ehlonna, Dagan continues through the alley. He has a visit with thor to attend. Everyones life may depend on this news thor holds.

Dagan takes note of width, length of alley. Where the people are, and any possible obsticles, avenues of escape. If the people have weapons of any sort out, (clubs, wine bottles broken etc.), and if there is anything near the people that can be used as a weapon. He looks for anything out of the sorts on someone that he may think as homeless. shiny things.

Long bow is in hand, kukri is within easy reach, Dagan commands ogre to heel.

"I'm ready" He whispers to himself.