Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

The Drought is Over

As an aside (since I always see people saying "But I've never painted a 54mm model!!" when we post Master Series stuff)--you guys do realize that 54mm is actually easier to paint than 28mm, right? You have more room to work, you don't have to pull up your highlights as much, there's less tiny detail, the eyes are actually big enough to paint, and you don't have to use any different techniques. It's at 72mm that you start having to swap up your painting style. :;): This is, actually, a large contributing factor to having a lot of 54mm in this line, that they appeal to a larger audience because you don't have to change your painting to get good results! ::):

Just thought I'd bring that up, I've been wanting to talk about that for a while. :;):

--Anne ::D:

Anything from Ben Seins in the pipeline?

There's a new Ben Siens model in our Gallery - Dark Heaven Legends, the 3200's Gallery.

I like them all, but the last two are kind of grey. . .not green. . .are we looking at PPM greys?

The Greys are made from a different material than the Greens - ProCreate™. Most of our sculptors work with Green, Brown, Grey, or occasionally Yellow.

As a reference, we include the tagline under the model name and above the sculptor name that tells you what Product Line the models belong to. Dark Heaven Legends™ is not getting Pre-Painted Plastics. Pre-Painted Plastics are Legendary Encounters™.

seen these last night but didn't have time to post but very excellent offerings!!!

thanks for the post Bryan, really looking forward to Master Manor's offerings & the cowgirl from Bob

Yellow?? any examples? Don't think I've ever seen a mini in yellow

RM

These are very cool.

I like that the Master Series line is pulling from all over the place instead of the typical fantasy.

I do have to say that the last two look very Warcrafty to me. Broad oversized shoulders, wide chests, large hands, and serious normal sized faces/heads. I love the look, even as far back as WC2, and I'm glad to see a bit of that flavor making it into the DHL line.

I gotta agree with Anne, I'm on my second 54 and I have learned SO much with these larger ones. There is room to breathe- you can try out new techniques and actually see what you're doing. In many ways they are easier to paint- but I found layering to be more challenging in getting smooth transitions across larger areas. So you can really focus on technique and practice A LOT. If you can get smooth blends on one of these, the 28's are easy.

I would highly recommend doing one of these to anyone who hasn't tried them, regardless of skill level.

Whoo! Pretty pretties!

And I agree with all of the above with the 54mm models...when I painted the Celebration Sophie, I learned sooo much (the fact that I ignored the models that came with the LtPK: skintones and just used the instructions on Sophie didn't hurt!).

I'll have to figure out a reason to pick up that cowgirl...she looks like fun to paint, but I have no real need to have that mini in my display case.

All four of these "greens" are awesome. Reaper keeps getting my money!

Ahhhh!! At last some new greens! ::D:

I'm not too keen on the WoW look, especially for the half-orc - someday I'd like to see someone do a "civilized" half-orc. But they're all nice sculpts.

I'm just so happy to see something new.

thank you bryan. you made me feel a littlle bit better. greens are a good partial cure for the flu. for this i hit the hot wing button.

The John (Tre) Manor scuplts look great. He's one of Reaper's best finds IMO. The cowgirl's not for me but it seems many will like it. I'd like to see Reaper turn John Manor loose on a 54mm. It would be even more of what I like about his sculpting style!