joshuaslater

Upcoming Generic Card Changes?

Will there be the appropriate changes to the generic cards as well?

Hear, hear! Great question. I've got other armies, encounters, scenarios and fluff, waiting for a viable outlet. The generic cards were previously a good start of an idea, but not fully developed, IMHO. I had given up and pretty much forgotten them. Will they be updated and included in the move to balance things out?

Will there be the appropriate changes to the generic cards as well?

Hear, hear! Great question. I've got other armies, encounters, scenarios and fluff, waiting for a viable outlet. The generic cards were previously a good start of an idea, but not fully developed, IMHO. I had given up and pretty much forgotten them. Will they be updated and included in the move to balance things out?

I seriously doubt it IMHO . :ph34r:

They should. Thats a great opportunity for more mini sales. They have an incredible line of large dragons. If they had properly done cards, you could theoretically do some sort of dragon based campaign. Also, the Dark Haven line is begging for generic datacards. Wouldn't it be cool to have Minotaurs and Giant Spiders or snakes? I'd like to see a datacard for the Velociraptors personally.

Well, the generics didn't make it from the 1st printing to the 2nd printing, so I doubt they'll make it to the third.

And there's already a Minotaur in the game, check under the Mercenaries.

Will do, thank you. Still, there's a lot of room out there for Generics. I just think it would generate more revenue for them, by making you want to buy more minis for some cool NPC monsters. It could add a lot of depth to anyone playing this game campaign style.

Reaper's done an admirable job listening to their customers and I won't be surprised if down the line they hear us on this one.

I'm feelin' vindicated with the sweeping changes. The Grunts from each faction should have differentiation like they're doing. The freedom to customize your army is returning. The ability to use the Dark Heaven line as legal proxies required no intelligence, and equally so is the idea of crunching numbers for generic stat cards or specific ones for their extensive Dark Heaven Line.

I don't see it as a matter of difficulty, but of time. Reaper isn't GW, it's more on par with Mongoose.

Sure, they could divert some resources to make and distribute stat cards for the DHL line, but those resources have to come from somewhere.

They should. Thats a great opportunity for more mini sales. They have an incredible line of large dragons. If they had properly done cards, you could theoretically do some sort of dragon based campaign. Also, the Dark Haven line is begging for generic datacards. Wouldn't it be cool to have Minotaurs and Giant Spiders or snakes? I'd like to see a datacard for the Velociraptors personally.

There already are Minotaurs in the game (you can proxy another DHL Model if you like) in the Merc army.

There aren't any Giant Spiders, but there is a Giant Scorpion in Nefsokar. Just use it's card.

Snakes - Reptus has a slew of them. If you want a big scary snake, proxy one of the Reptus solos with a snake model.

It doesn't take an MBA to see how cheap this could be done. Period. Take the Snakeman Champion from the DHL line. Put up a free data card online. Maybe a few minutes of man/woman power on Reaper's end. The model's already done. They have the rights to do what they want with it. They could put out cards for a DHL model, one per faction each month. It's just time. If the rubric is relatively balanced, anything they crunch through it should hold up. Provide the caveat that the card is a "beta-test" card, and bang, that model'll sell more. Period.

It doesn't take an MBA to see how cheap this could be done. Period. Take the Snakeman Champion from the DHL line. Put up a free data card online. Maybe a few minutes of man/woman power on Reaper's end. The model's already done. They have the rights to do what they want with it. They could put out cards for a DHL model, one per faction each month. It's just time. If the rubric is relatively balanced, anything they crunch through it should hold up. Provide the caveat that the card is a "beta-test" card, and bang, that model'll sell more. Period.

I think that you're oversimplifying things quite a bit. If coming up with new cards is to be done properly, seems to be considerably more than an inconsequential amount of time for people that already have enough on their plates.

If coming up with 10-12 balanced new cards every month is so easy and quick, you should come up with your own for the various models for, say 6 months. Show that the idea works and then sell Reaper on the idea.

Ron

A tad off topic, but this forum reaches Reaper. This game has been profoundly shaped by the fans here. The generic cards would suffice; the specific ones are just gravy right now, but the question still stands.