EST Question

merlonc

EST: does the EST bonus apply only to the units shooting at the target the EST unit locked? I think so as locking requires specifying a target and the verbiage leads me to believe the EST bonus for other units is against the unit targeted by the Lock.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first sentence of the EST descriptions states "A Model with the EST SA that conducts a Target Lock Action will add its Target Lock bonus equal to its TC to all of its Attack Rolls versus any model." The model with the EST gear and any friendly model within the EST bubble gets the bonus against any target until the EST model activates again.

The first sentence of the EST descriptions states "A Model with the EST SA that conducts a Target Lock Action will add its Target Lock bonus equal to its TC to all of its Attack Rolls versus any model." The model with the EST gear and any friendly model within the EST bubble gets the bonus against any target until the EST model activates again.

Just looking at the English, It says any model (singular) not all models (plural). I read that as the est model is able to target lock any (single) model, and then broad cast that info. for the target lock vs. any (single) model (not all models) to all friendly models with in the bubble.

Again, this is just how I understand English

The wording for the Action and the SA are not the same, so based on the exact writeup the model doing a TL action must specify a specific target for his action. The Model using the EST SA or possessing the EST SA may use its TL bonus against ANY target. This inconsistency has been reported and we will see what Reapers final ruling is on it, but at the moment this is how its written.

by the wording the Target Lock action is against a single model

The Model spends an action to “Target Lock”

an enemy Model and adds a Target Lock bonus

equal to its TC to all of its Attack Rolls versus

that model.

The EST SA is against any model.

A Model with the EST SA that conducts a Target

Lock Action will not only add its Target Lock

bonus equal to its TC to all of its Attack Rolls

versus any model. It will also add this bonus

to all friendly Models within an AOE, and the

AOE lasts until the model’s next Activation.

Amusing - had a heated discussion with Bluethunder about this very issue the other day, and the only thing I found on the board was this thread - which I showed to him this afternoon.

Maybe we can get an answer. We played it as the Target Lock, but I thought it was aginst any target, with the wording of the EST.

It is the future, and the EST is a whole suite of electronics mapping the battlefield. I would be really surprised if it only worked against 1 target - but that would limit it's effectiveness quite a bit, and solve some of the pocket EST problems some people don't like (me NOT included).

SETHOHMAN