GreyHorde

The Wannabe at ReaperCon Painting Challenge '07

Cool...

Tactical strikes for rigging the votes? Looks like I'll have to stay honest then...

Besides - I'm a sucker for the you vote for me I'll vote for you thing.

IMHO - we don't even need to co-ordinate with Reapercon... Considering that a good portion of the voting populace will also be at the convention... Regardless - I am not doing this for prizes, fame, or notariety... I am doing it for... hmmm.... Why am I doing this? I am doing this for a shiny Fourth place .gif!!!

I would have 2 suggestions for voting.

One, have a voting done via a post here or in the show off area for someones entry.

Or

This would require work for GH but a voter can PM GreyHorde for thier vote.

My 2 bits.

Yes, PMing me is an option...as mentioned at the start of the topic, and on page 2... :upside:

My bad.:rolleyes:

Let's stick with that one then. Voting will be PM'ing GreyHorde with the subject "The Wannabe at ReaperCon Painting Challenge '07" and the name of the contestant for which you are voting for.

Ok, since I have a huge project that has a nasty deadline, I was unable to spend as much time as I would have liked on my entry. However, that being said, I think it is one of my better paint jobs so hopefully not too terrible compared to all you guys! I painted Balthon from the Overlords Army for Warlord.

My photo-fu is not that great, but hopefully these photos are sufficient. Also since I had a compressed time period to do it in, I did not take any WIP photos.

Cheers guys. Will do a show-off post where you can comment on it after the challenge is done.

Balthon1.jpg

Balthon2.jpg

Balthon3.jpg

Balthon4.jpg

Balthon5.jpg

It was a lot of fun painting him and I got to try a few things that I have not done before. Also most of the colours have many more shades than I usually do. It was also a nice change to do something higher quality than my recent stuff of tabletop work.

with rcon just around the corner and my final due on monday i should have "just" enough time to have mine done . . . wish me luck.

Good Luck!

I have started my basing - I should have plenty of time to get'r'dun...

But then comes the endless fidgeting.

And then 5 days to try and take a decent picture...

just checked the first post. . . we should have until sat!

Well - are you Pro or Amateur? Cause I'm in the pro - and I'm almost done - so if you are in the pro as well - then I say you need it done by ... oh... say - 10:00 PM tomorrow. :devil:

Otherwise - take your time ::D: .

Seriously though - Pro or Am? I need to know cause I am making myself a " I finished X places out of first in the First Wannabe at ReaperCon painting challenge" T-shirt - and I need to know how many are entered before I print it up... :down: .

(Hmmmm... inverse trash talking... Not quite what GreyHorde had in mind methinkst)

Good luck to all - see you at the end!

i would call my self seasoned amatuer.

Is that a hint of paprica I detect?

Anyhow - I am at the 'Photography' stage.

Click - remove card - insert into pc - open image software - curse - remove card - insert into camera - click.... repeat till fatigue sets in.

I am getting antsy to post this thing.