GreyHorde

The Wannabe at ReaperCon Painting Challenge '07

Only 7 days left..... Ah what the heck. Sign me up for the amature if I can still get in.

All-riiiight! Welcome aboard.

/edited first post participant list

i would call my self seasoned amatuer.

Is that a hint of paprica I detect?

Anyhow - I am at the 'Photography' stage.

Click - remove card - insert into pc - open image software - curse - remove card - insert into camera - click.... repeat till fatigue sets in.

I am getting antsy to post this thing.

i'm a little more spicy than that chipolte, jalapenos, (insert other pepper name here).

My first CAV mini is incoming, soon as the sealant dries and I get a chance to take a pic. Btw, GH, I'm in the Amateur category.

Category adjusted, V-H. Looking forward to seeing all the entries. @Dargrin -- lookin' great. Me likey.

girlsamuraifront.jpggirlsamuraiback.jpgfreehandflagonsamuraigirl.jpg

I'm gonna post it early, don't know if I'll get a chance to post again by 17th.

I have a feeling I'm gonna take 4th place from vv, jb, and gh ::P:

4th is better cuz it's higher right??

Well - Here is mine:

post-3574-1179227814_thumb.jpg

post-3574-1179227908.jpg

Full series of pics in Show Off

And Rocky - with freehand like that - you'll do much better than fourth!

(Back off! Get your own fourth place, this one is mine!) Great work on that mini - I love the freehand (natch) and the colours you used are great!

GROUP QUESTION re: Deadline Extension

This question has come up a couple of times here and there, so I thought I would open it up for discussion -- would it make sense and benefit participants to match the entry deadline for this Challenge to that of the official contest, Saturday, May 19 at 12 Noon? What do you think?

Sorry I didn't address this sooner, but lacking the official ReaperCon contest rules, the original deadline was arbitrary. I just now found out the official on-site contest entry rules state noon Saturday (Reaper time, CENTRAL USA time).

I say fine - extend it if necessary.

So long as I keep my fourth place finish locked up - I am happy :poke: .

Maybe we should extend voting for those on the boards who will be at Reapercon? Just a thought. I have no strong opinion on it.

Maybe we should extend voting for those on the boards who will be at Reapercon? Just a thought. I have no strong opinion on it.

My only concern: we might erode the 'wannabe' flavor, a bit of participation for those of us who can't be there. If we wait for ReaperCon attendees to vote on efforts of non-attendees, wouldn't we be defeating the purpose a little? If we are participating in the challenge for a little bit of 'you had your fun at RC, this is our consolation prize', wouldn't it seem a bit, I dunno...ummm.. needy?

Hmmmm...then again, at risk of countering my own rambling thoughts, there might be something to be said for giving attendees the option of voting a few days, maybe a week, after RC. Reaper Peeps might then have time to throw out a simple voting / poll thread. Feedback, critique, suggestions and voting could all be opened to more users. Better feedback might be gained from attendees, having seen the RC competitive painting entries first hand. Since one could use this online Painting Challenge to practice, gain skills in painting, prep for next year, etc., I could see extending it to make the experience more valuable to online participants.

So, yes, I could see both an extension for entry and for voting. More comments and discussion...? "We must act! We must do something! Yes, this calls for immediate discussion!"