GreyHorde

The Wannabe at ReaperCon Painting Challenge '07

I like the sound of both extensions. A lot of the best painters and most active posters will be at Reapercon; it'd be a shame to miss their comments.

first, i don't mind extending the deadline until the official rcon deadline of this saturday.

second, not everyone is going to rcon and there should be plenty of people who will pop in and give their votes.

third, my entry. single warlord mini.

Warlord_HillGiant_001.jpg

Warlord_HillGiant_004.jpg

let the pain begin!!!!!

I have no problems with and extension either. I would appreciate additional comments on my work.

On a side note: My base is hardening then needs to be painted up and then its ON!!

TIME EXTENSION: The new deadline for submission as 'challenge completed' is Saturday, May 19 at 12:00 Noon, ReaperTime (USA Central, GMT -6:00).

OK, the extension has convinced me I should enter a piece I started this week.

#14314, Arik Tellazar (Warlord, Mercenary). Will be posting WIP pictures as soon as I get my camera working and find the right USB cable.

Skill level... mmm. Low end of Intermediate Amateur, would be my guess.

Well, I've no more time left to paint on her before the deadline, and I'm ready to call her done. She's a little nakers, so find the full views here:

Front

Here's a preview:

post-3334-1179513286.jpg

post-3334-1179513312.jpg

Here are "official" entry pics <_< - a little bit more in focus (I hope ::(: ).

post-3574-1179583156.jpg

post-3574-1179583216.jpg

post-3574-1179583011.jpg

post-3574-1179582999.jpg

post-3574-1179582983.jpg

post-3574-1179582970.jpg

Yes - I am trying to dazzle you all with the shear volume of pictures... My apologies for those with dial-up... :unsure:

Here is my amateur division single DHL figure: Dorva the Dark Elf.

th_images128.jpgth_images150.jpg

th_top2.jpgth_images149.jpg

th_shield.jpgth_top3.jpg

th_base.jpg

All the Images are Clickable.

:)

I Greenstuffed her base to match the terrain she was came on the base is a reaper 1x1.

Well, here we go... I have to admit as I begin that my photography has been having ... issues ... of late. But I do my best.

Arik-Front-White.jpg

Arik-Back-White-2.jpg

Arik-Back-2.jpg

Arik-Front-1.jpg

The base was an attempt at marble flooring, I'm not satisfied at all with it, but time is up...

Sigh. Of -course- I wouldn't see those flaws until after I'd posted, and it's already too late for me to repaint and re-photograph because I have to leave for another event. *le sigh*

I did specify 'amateur'.

@all -- Wonderful work! And a big Thank You to all participants for all your hard work.

NOTICE -- the SUBMISSION DEADLINE is now past -- no new entries should be considered beyond this point.

Voting will begin soon. I will try to match names and links to Show Off posts for those who did not get their entries centralized here, but it will take some time.

Voting will be conducted via either public post or PM to me, whichever you are more comfortable doing. When ReaperCon is over, if a mod or a Reaper rep can put together a poll/voting thread, we'll adjust & add in any remaining votes from there. Confused, yet? Don't be. Vote once for an Amateur entry, and once for a Pro entry. Vote only once in each category, whichever way you choose and happens to be open at the time of voting.

Voting will be open for one full week, until next Saturday, May 26 at 12:00 Noon. Besides the possibility of a better poll, this will also give ReaperCon attendees a chance to get home, view entries, comment and vote.

If you have any questions or suggestions, just let me know.