GreyHorde

The Wannabe at ReaperCon Painting Challenge '07

NOTE: most of the following links take you directly to the appropriate entry, but some open pages either one post before the intended target, or one post after. In other words, you may need to scroll either up or down to get to the correct entry.

If you find any glaring errors or ommissions, please let me know via PM and I will correct it ASAP.

Let the voting begin...

Amateur Division

Dyelan -- Mossbeard, Treeman (WL: Elves)

Fruggs -- Dorva, Dark Elf (DHL)

Dargrin -- Thor (2 of 2)

Nissiana -- Pearl, mermaid (DHL: #3078)

Tommy -- Woody Stumplewimple, Halfling Ranger (DHL: # 2769)

Voladilk -- Balthon (WL: Overlords)

Darthiir -- Hill Giant (WL: Reven)

Vil-hatarn -- Adon Scorpion (CAV)

ecs05norway -- Arik Tellazar (WL: Mercenary)

Pro Division

Versutus Vulpes -- Jolie, Supernaturalist

Rocky -- Mika, Samurai Warrior

Jabberwocky -- D'Khul, Bathalian (DHL: # 2568)

Delayed, but voted at last.

Thanks again, GH! This was a fun little challenge to participate in, and I appreciate that you took the time to set it up!

I entered - I have voted - and now I am publicly thanking GreyHorde for doing this!

Tons of fun - and it was really cool of him to put up the prize money out of his own pocket!! ::D:

*tap tap* :huh:

Whisper whisper whisper... ::o:

Ummm yeah... no prize money. ::P:

All joking aside - this was supercool. Thanks GH!

All very welcome! Thanks for the kind words and, far more importantly, for your enthusiastic participation! I really enjoyed putting it together and tweaking things along the way. I learned a lot in the process, too. Thanks to everyone for your patience & suggestions. I know there were some stumbling blocks, and it started as a vague concept all too verbose & confusing. But, hey, that's me...Mr. Verbose & Confusing.

It has been great seeing projects come together from starting WIPs all the way to Show Off & final entries. There have been some nice surprises, too.

Prize money? Not quite, but I'm still taking donations...err...I mean, suggestions. Yeah, that's it. Suggestions. I still might come up with something from The Vault (formerly known as my Closet of Shame). Whatcha think, a couple of plastic minis from a company-that-must-not-be-named? The winners could indulge in a bit of guilt-free hammer time, or simple pyromania.

Hrrmmm? What? Inciting violence...bashing another company...family friendly forums...yes, I see your point.

Okay, then, Reaper miniatures. I don't have much outside the ghost armies of white-primed minis, so you're probably not going to find much of interest, there. Wait a second...how about this? I have a bottle of my favorite hot bbq wing sauce sitting right here. I could ship it to Reaper as a donation in the name of the top vote-getters. I'm sure a certain someone there would find it quite tasty. Deal? Or no deal?

Wait a second...how about this? I have a bottle of my favorite hot bbq wing sauce sitting right here. I could ship it to Reaper as a donation in the name of the top vote-getters. I'm sure a certain someone there would find it quite tasty. Deal? Or no deal?

Let's get this straight... You are willfully going to send wing sauce into Reaper HQ... and expect it to come out again!!!!

That's unpossible!

And GH - I wouldn't worry about a prize. Anybody who signed up knew there was no prize going into it - so don't stress about it now. (Says the guy with a firm grasp of fourth place!!!)

WINNERS!

All entrants are winners in my book, simply for having completed the challenge on time. But, it is high time to announce the competition results.

Drumroll.....rumble....rumble...

Wait for it....

Pro Division

• First Place: Jabberwocky -- D'Khul, Bathalion
  • Second Place: Rocky -- Mika, Samurai Warrior
  • Fourth Place (because he wanted it so bad): Versutus Vulpes -- Jolie, Supernaturalist

Amateur Division:

• First Place: Tommy -- Woody Stumplewimple
  • Second Place: Nissiana -- Pearl, Mermaid
  • Third Place: Darthiir -- Hill Giant

Congratulations to everyone, and thanks for making this so much fun and such a big success.

V.V. -- we all want to see pics of that fourth place (of 3) t-shirt when you get it finished!