Uriel, Guardian Angel (Converted)

Kelcore

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The paint was HEAVILY inspired by Derek Schubert's version from the Painted Gallery/Data Card.

Thanks for the nod, Kelcore. The grey wings and crimson accenting give your version a much harder, darker feel than mine -- a guardian angel who's at least as much about attack as defense. You took "gold armor and bluish-pale skin" and made the scheme your own. Nice work!

Derek

This is a great conversion Kelly! I have to admit I am a bit surprised to find Gerard's axe didn't find a new home with the Angel, though ::D:.

The paint job is super spiffy as well; it's a very cohesive piece, which can be hard when you're doing a big Feathered Flying... angel. (Had to turn off my alliteration mode in a hurry there).

Then I can add another set of deva wings to my RCon Boneyard shopping list... :;):

~v

thinking the same thing, ha ha

great work Kel

love how everything looks like it suppose to go together.

great work

RM

DANG! Those wings are awesome!

<!--inside joke>

Hey Kelly... for the record I'd throw in my RIGHT one too!

</inside joke>

Well, at least then you'd be anatomically correct. ;)

Dude... :blink:

"Sweet..."

*is suddenly ashamed of himself for indulging in that movie-quote buffoonery*

Holy wingdings, those appendages could kill somebody! No wonder he now gets *self-censured* attacks. Brilliant conversion and paint job.

LOL! That was the idea, Mengu! Thanks!

I like the way the wings are done. How did you get the color effects?

Thanks! Errmmm...colors used were Cloudy Grey, Misty Grey, and Pure white for the lightest parts (with a very thin glaze of Blue Liner to pick out the details) The darker parts are Blue Liner highlightee with Ghost White and Pure White.

Absolutely Bl**** Awesome ! :blink::blink:

Thanks BM!

Lovely paintjob.

Odd name... Wasn't Uriel the one who got thrown out of heaven for having intercourse with humans? I could be confusing things here...?

Thanks. Seems to me I saw the name Uriel in conjunction with the words "Angel of Death" at one point in time. But *shrug* I didn't name him. :)

Kelcore - This thing is hardcore.

Excellent painting - great mod.

(The only thing to make it an 11 on the Woo scale - is a flock of green-stuffed doves flying towards the camera...).

Seriously - how long have you been at this painting thing?

Thanks VV. I've been painting (seriously and semi-seriously) since the summer of 2000. I'm not including the dry-brush wonder I was in elementary school. I was just a kid and didn't know squat. Plus, I put it down when I was a teenager.

The paint was HEAVILY inspired by Derek Schubert's version from the Painted Gallery/Data Card.

Thanks for the nod, Kelcore. The grey wings and crimson accenting give your version a much harder, darker feel than mine -- a guardian angel who's at least as much about attack as defense. You took "gold armor and bluish-pale skin" and made the scheme your own. Nice work!

Derek

And thank you for the compliment, Derek. I'm both floored and honored that you'd say so!

This is a great conversion Kelly! I have to admit I am a bit surprised to find Gerard's axe didn't find a new home with the Angel, though ::D:.

The paint job is super spiffy as well; it's a very cohesive piece, which can be hard when you're doing a big Feathered Flying... angel. (Had to turn off my alliteration mode in a hurry there).

Thanks John. Heh. I thought about it, but when it came right down to it: Gerry's axe is just slightly too wee for my liking on the Angel. It may show up on a different fig in the future, though. ;)

Good catch on the alliteration. He totally is. ;)

I absolutely adore the general feel of this piece. I've even taken the liberty to post a pic on a different forum ::):

Sweet! Well, so long as credit's given where it's due. What forum?

Then I can add another set of deva wings to my RCon Boneyard shopping list... :;):

~v

thinking the same thing, ha ha

great work Kel

love how everything looks like it suppose to go together.

great work

RM

Thanks Randy!

Freakin awesome.

M.

Thank you!

OMFG.

Dude, your ReaperCon Army is going to be scaryawesomelooking!

LOL! Thanks Bryan! But unless I'm gifted with a small pile of cash sometime soon (unlikely), there's no way I can make it to RCon this year. As much as I want to.

*sigh* stoopidpointlesscraptastictriptoSFinJanuary...

LOL! Thanks Bryan! But unless I'm gifted with a small pile of cash sometime soon (unlikely), there's no way I can make it to RCon this year. As much as I want to.

are you going to make an appearance at Origins again then? This conversion is the bomb BTW! I'd really like to see your new army in person!

debby

*wishes she could gift kelly his pile o' cash*

Just paint two of everything, sell half of it, and you are there!

(it sounds so easy when I put it like that, doesn't it? :;): )

~v

@Kelcore - Chest of Colors, here's the link:

http://www.chestofcolors.com/cofc-postnuke...9&start=645

Cool. Thanks Nameless. Interesting discussion there...

are you going to make an appearance at Origins again then? This conversion is the bomb BTW! I'd really like to see your new army in person!

debby

*wishes she could gift kelly his pile o' cash*

Origins is still a "maybe" for me, Deb. The only "probably" for me is GenCon. Though I do hope to have a workable army by at least Origins. Time will tell.

Just paint two of everything, sell half of it, and you are there!

(it sounds so easy when I put it like that, doesn't it? :;): )

~v

Oh no! I JUST got over some pretty bad burn-out, thankyouverymuch!