How to transfer citadel paint to Reaper Master Paint Bottles

Thor

We save them for the Bad Patients. ::D:

No, we collect urine or other um..stuff...in syringes and have to send it to the lab, and the lab gets all pissy if we sent it with a sharp needle. Also, blunts are great for drawing up lidocaine and things like that. It just saves us from getting poked. They're just my favorite thing to use as a dropper with a syringe. If anyone DESPERATELY wants to try and they're a good boy or girl, I can always send some out. Just not hundreds, otherwise my boss might start to wonder.

Also I've learned that foley catheter specimen cups are great for basing minis on to paint and denture cups are great to hold terrain goodies. I can also get cheap, free toothbrushes for scrubbin'.

Off topic, but I had to share my treasure findings!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Successfully transferred 21 paints last night using the toothpick method, with onl 1 tip over on the last bottle of paint. Thanks for all the tips/advice! My next question is what do you use to clean out those bottles? I plan to use them to a) hold premixed paint formulas and b) to mount minis with blue tack. The corks I use now are nice but prone to tipping!

Thanks!

To clean out old bottles, hot soap & water with a toothbrush should do the trick. If there are gummed up/dried areas around the corners, the threads on the bottle/cap, etc., a little brush cleaner would knock it out. If all else fails, a Simple Green or PineSol sauna would do it. Wash & rinse thoroughly afterward so you don't leave any soapy film or residue behind to mess up the new mix.

I plan to use them to ... b) to mount minis with blue tack. The corks I use now are nice but prone to tipping!

my Mother works at a place that makes peg hooks for product displays and when she was on the line punching out some units with holes, she brought home a jar full of little flat puch outs - imagine a steel base the diameter of a pencil eraser. so i loaded some old, empty GW paint pots with them. with blue tack on the lid - exterior - they make a great working base/handle while painting. the weight marginal for hefting while working and yet sufficiant to lower the centre of gravity to resist tip over when o the table.

i realize not everyone has access to such weights - or to my mother :-P - but if you have a fish tank or such with gravel or excessive amounts of sand or washers, nut fittings, etc, they should do quite nicely. and no real need to be diligent in cleaning the empty paint pot - unless that's your compulsion :blink:

If anyone is interested in getting nice .5oz dropper bottles...

Avenue You Beauty Store is having a $1 shipping promotion.

Their dropper bottles are a tad bit smaller than Vallejo bottles and you won't be able to fit all of a new bottle of RPP into them, (Citadels fit just fine), but they don't make you buy lots of 100 either ::): .

I bought a lot of 30 from them and they missed one bottle...I mentioned it and they expressed a single bottle straight away...really great service.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks

AWhang

Edit: boy this hobby sure takes you places where you'd normally never go :huh: