Voladilk

Beta Thoughts

ok so i haven't been around to much but i was just reading over all this a thought on the Crusaders doesn't Disable also lower DIS when used??? don't the Crusaders have a unit with that SA so maybe try a list with the dogs in it

Not sure which this item is in response to. If it is related to the discussion on spells, then DIS has no affect on spells. If you are talking about lots of dogs being affective in combat, well I think that in packs they would be, as singles, not so much. But that is me. I know there will be examples that prove me wrong.

I think this was targetted back at the Crusader Conversion/Mercy discussion and the relevance of Dis checks. A model with Disable (like the war dogs) could be used in the Conversion of a model to make the Dis check more difficult and increase the Crusader odds of success.

~v

With regards to Stubbdog's comments about Smite, I think they need to go so far as to include base sizes! I could totally see the Hill Giant getting like Smite (Standard base)/2 or something. He's so much bigger than a typical grunt, he should just be smashing it to bits! I think that would be sweet! :wub:

Wild Bill :blues:

oops, forgot to include a base size in my example. Yep, I had intended to stick that one in there too.

Anyway, atleast you understand where I was getting at.

...snip...

Just tossing some possible ideas out:

crusaders with their smite evil

dwarves smite monsters

reptus smite undead (they are suppose to be dragon people after all)

overlords smite good

nefsokar smite leaders (fits the felling theme)

etc...

Now would every single faction have to have a smite something in there...? No, but it does add some more fun and faction specific flavor in there to have more than the handful that have it now.

I just thought smite is too cool an idea to not kinda mix in more, not less.

Or another idea is subfaction SAs, if you take a certain subfaction list then you get smite ( x ) added to all leader, soldiers, or solos or something like that...

Again, smite is just too cool to have less of it, instead should just be more creative and used more I think (hope)

The reptus need smite(intruder)/5. Anytime there is terrain related to the amphibious SA enemies ALL enemy models on the board are considered Intruders.

Protect the Jade City!

I do like how Marcus Gidion has Smite/Undead, It fits his character.

Now if I could only get the crusader undead hunter sub faction :wub:

Which model would be Buffy? :upside:

Which model would be Buffy? :upside:

Finari of course . :wub:

I think Smite is one of the better new SAs. I'm hoping that when (if?) the Templar sublist gets updated, we see Smite (Evil) on a lot of the models in this list.

Changing gears a bit, I think that Outrider is the most brilliant new SA to be unveiled; not so much because it allows models previously non-solo models to be fielded as solos, but because it allows Ogres, Minotaurs, and Trolls to be used as soldiers. There are few things more intimidating and cool-looking than a bunch of large monsters standing side-by-side marching towards their foes.

Oh yeah, the bears as adepts are ok too, I guess. :devil:

I love smite.

Personally, I was disapointed that they took away smite as much as they did.

Smite sucks to point up. Let's assume that since it's a limited version of MAV, it costs less than MAV. If you can't use it, it's points thrown away, and your models can't fight equally pointed enemy models. If you can use it, it's MAV at a discount, and no enemy models can fight you.

So it's always broken one way or the other, which isn't a good situation to have in large doses. Limited here and there, cool. Entire armies? Not cool.

PS

I am sure this has been posted somewhere on this thread, but I am going to ask again.

I have noticed by looking through the new cards, that innate is, at least where I have looked, is no where to be found. Any and all help is appreciated.

I am sure this has been posted somewhere on this thread, but I am going to ask again.

I have noticed by looking through the new cards, that innate is, at least where I have looked, is no where to be found. Any and all help is appreciated.

I believe all innate spells were removed.

The only model I can find with an innate spell is the Necropolis' Nightspecter .

ok so i haven't been around to much but i was just reading over all this a thought on the Crusaders doesn't Disable also lower DIS when used??? don't the Crusaders have a unit with that SA so maybe try a list with the dogs in it

Not sure which this item is in response to. If it is related to the discussion on spells, then DIS has no affect on spells. If you are talking about lots of dogs being affective in combat, well I think that in packs they would be, as singles, not so much. But that is me. I know there will be examples that prove me wrong.

I think this was targetted back at the Crusader Conversion/Mercy discussion and the relevance of Dis checks. A model with Disable (like the war dogs) could be used in the Conversion of a model to make the Dis check more difficult and increase the Crusader odds of success.

~v

yes that is what it was meant for Shakandara 3 dogs tend to mean only 1 defensive strike and drop the DIS by 3 a lot of models are at what about a 5 on there last track so they would drop to a two sounds to be in the crusader's favor a lot

~v

yes that is what it was meant for Shakandara 3 dogs tend to mean only 1 defensive strike and drop the DIS by 3 a lot of models are at what about a 5 on there last track so they would drop to a two sounds to be in the crusader's favor a lot

Hmmm , need more doggies . Pity they're Adepts . ::P:

I ran a demo game last night. I had set up six units, each 600 points. Three troops were Necropolis, three were Reven. As I had four players, only four of the troops were fielded. They were as follows:

Necropolis:

Necropolis Bat Troop Points: Adds # models Total:

Eikar 123 1 123

Crypt Bat 53 15 3 204

S. Archer 60 0 2 120

Gargoyle 137 15 1 152

Total Models/Pts 7 599

Note: Gargoyle costs 15 points more when fielded as a Solo.

Add for Bats: Magical Armor, adds +1 to DV

Necropolis Zombies Points: Adds # models Total:

Railor 78 10 1 88

Burrowing Zombie 104 0 5 520

Total Models/Pts 6 608

Note: Railor had one spell, Draining Touch

Reven:

Bull Orc Troop Points: Adds # models Total:

Kharg, Bull Orc Sergeant 78 45 1 118

Goblin Skeeter 53 0 2 106

Bull Orc Fighter 73 0 5 365

Total Models/Pts 8 594

Note: Add for Kharg: Greater Magical Armor, adds +2 to DV, Magical Weapon, adds +1 MAV

Reven Leaders have Mob/2 be default. Goblin Skeeters have Mob and take these two slots.

Goblin Troop Points: Adds # models Total:

Ogg, Beastrider 97 15 1 112

Goblin Skeeter 53 0 3 159

Goblin Beastrider 95 15 3 330

Total Models/Pts 7 601

Add for Ogg & Beastriders: Magical Weapon, adds +1 MAV

Two troops that didn't see table time:

Necropolis Wraith Points: Adds # models Total:

Lord Gauren 92 1 92

Wraith Harvester 57 0 4 228

Skellie Archer 60 0 2 120

Nivar, Wraith 164 1 164

Total Models/Pts 8 604

Reven Beastman Troop Points: Adds # models Total:

Urga, Beastman Sgt. 59 1 59

Harpy 73 0 1 73

Goblin Skeeter 53 0 2 106

Beastman Woodcutter 59 30 4 356

Total Models/Pts 8 594

Add for Beastmen: Magical Armor, adds +1 to DV, Magical Weapon, adds +1 MAV

Reven Leaders have Mob/2 be default. Goblin Skeeters have Mob and take these two slots.

The Harpy (an Adept) takes one Grunt slot.

I'm thinking of removing the Skeeters from the Goblin troop and adding another Beastrider. I'll have to playtest more to be sure. All in all it was a fast, fun game.

There were enough Special Abilities for the players to get to use them without it being overwhelming. The troops were fielded using general Faction Abilities for the armies, but did not seem to give an advantage. Reven and Necropolis are not factions that have an undue advantage one over the other. Skeeters and Skellie Archers are virtually identical in play, though Skellies cost 7 points more and have an additional +1 to MAV.

I did notice that when three Beast Riders go after one Skellie Archer, you don't even need to roll. :devil: