Foundations Citadel Paints

The stores will stock what people ask for. You can always create demand for a product by letting people see you use it. If you are "hanging out" at your LGS using RMS paints, people will show an interest. If there is enough interest, the store will keep the product.

Definitely true in my experience.

The store where I have been doing my demos for the last 6 months is pretty small, but Reaper products occupy a relatively large section of the store. I've noticed an increase in the number of minis on display since I've started doing demos (Warlord and Paint and Take). After the owners tried the MSPs, one briefly thought about trying to carry the individual paints, but then decided that he didn't have the room (which is true). But, they have been carrying the "Learn to Paint" kits, and the kits seem to have been selling reasonably well.

I feel that my demos and that the "resident" painter uses MSPs both have helped increase interest.

I'm hopeful that the store will carry more Reaper products once they move to a larger space within the next month or so.

Ron

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stores will stock what people ask for. You can always create demand for a product by letting people see you use it. If you are "hanging out" at your LGS using RMS paints, people will show an interest. If there is enough interest, the store will keep the product.

Definitely true in my experience.

The store where I have been doing my demos for the last 6 months is pretty small, but Reaper products occupy a relatively large section of the store. I've noticed an increase in the number of minis on display since I've started doing demos (Warlord and Paint and Take). After the owners tried the MSPs, one briefly thought about trying to carry the individual paints, but then decided that he didn't have the room (which is true). But, they have been carrying the "Learn to Paint" kits, and the kits seem to have been selling reasonably well.

I feel that my demos and that the "resident" painter uses MSPs both have helped increase interest.

I'm hopeful that the store will carry more Reaper products once they move to a larger space within the next month or so.

Ron

That's a cool story, Vutpakdi. My LGS puts in weekly orders for stock. They usually order online Sunday evening and get shipments on Thursday or Friday. So even if they don't carry individual paints, you might suggest they post the color chart next to the LTP kits. That way, people can see the different colors and special order what they like.

I have a demo kit of paints. I've found that a 4,000 card box will hold about 160 paints. I have my RMS in two boxes, which gives additional room for duplicate bottles, samples of paint, etc. When I open those two boxes side by side you can see people's eyes pop - WOW that's a lot of paint... ::):