Warjacks

post-2071-1176860222_thumb.jpgpost-2071-1176860232_thumb.jpg

post-2071-1176860245_thumb.jpgpost-2071-1176860264_thumb.jpg

As Versutus asked for . . . here is the starting thread for the Warjacks I'm painting. This is going to be from start to finish. I have an example of the helldiver that is primed black and the slayer is not primed yet. In fact he's not even glued to a base yet. This is the one I had gluing problems with and his base was melted by the nail polish remover this weekend. So, I'm waiting for a new shipment of PP bases to come into the game store (tomorrow) so I can pick one up, base him and prime. I will probably get started on these guys later in the week. The color scheme is gunmetal/silver metallics, acid green glow for the "fuel" they are running on and purple armor!

These guys will be tons o fun to paint!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hee hee heeee...

V V sits rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

These things are seriously cool looking. Hopefully they are more fun to paint than put together (Not a dig at your glue mishap Meg... Its just everywhere I read about these things it seems lilke putting the together is a journey through hell).

Unlike LSTR I am not overly struck on the little ones myself... But then again I grew up watching Robotech and Trannsformers so I alsways have a soft spot for giant robots.

So - is the purple going to be more of a burgundy or an indigo?

Unlike LSTR I am not overly struck on the little ones myself... But then again I grew up watching Robotech and Trannsformers

Oi, so did I. I just like robots!

Sorry - didn't mean to imply anything there... So LSTR - do the biggins - remind you of Robotech Master Bioroids? Or Sentinels (I think they were called Inorganics or some such)...?

VV, the purple is going to be the same as on the pirate I did recently. It's that same one!

They are a bizzatch to put together! I didn't understand why so many people were warning me . . . after gluing fingers together and gluing pieces together wrong . . . now I understand.

Sorry - didn't mean to imply anything there... So LSTR - do the biggins - remind you of Robotech Master Bioroids? Or Sentinels (I think they were called Inorganics or some such)...?

Y'know I never saw Sentinels (the post-third gen series right?). I do see a bit of bioroid mixed with invid in these Cryx 'jacks. My favorite part abou the little ones are the Gigeresque spines.

well there ya go. That would be neat to have two Cryx WIPs going to see the differences in painting styles. I think I'll probably get the chance to do several more Cryx minis after these as well. They are fun because they are different from what I normally paint.

After what, two weeks of waiting (at least it seems like a while) I will be starting on these guys tonight! I finally got done with my last commissions and these guys are next on the table. I will also be starting another WIP for another character mini for someone in my D&D group. The other WIP is of Loryn Stormblade, she is a blue elf (dark blue skin with black hair) who is a fighter/spellcaster (one of the new classes in PHB2 . . . can't remember what it's called right now). Loryn will be a very dark mini, no bright colors at all so it should be interesting to see how she turns out.