So that's what you look like!?!?!

kkoene

Yup, I'm in the SCA. The picture was taken about 20 minutes after I got out of my armour. Hence the helmet-head hair.

And yeah, those ARE some big boots.

(image)bunch of people with pointy things whackin' each other(/image)

Here's another one. Believe it or not I'm in there somewhere [over to the right]

You kids are gonna poke an eye out!

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, either there is a story behind this that you have left out or some form of explanation is forthcoming!!!!

Well, for my Senior project in college I played the role of Macbeth.  For those of you not familiar with the story, he gets his head cut off at the end.

I had to endure getting a cast made of my head (vaseline does not come out of your hair easily . . .), and this was one of two heads they made from it.  After the run of the show I woofed and whined enough that they gave me the Macbeth head.  We used to have it out on display, but as my daughter got older it disturbed her something fierce so we stuck it in a closet.

Where the hair looks especially matted is blood.  I think we used almost a gallon of blood per night.  It was set in pre written hisory Scotland (pre kilts and clans), with Roman style swords, woad, etc.  And yes, that's pretty much what my hair and beard looked like.

....After the run of the show I woofed and whined enough that they gave me the Macbeth head....

Cool.  I have the lute built for me to play as Feste in Twelfth Night (dang--eighteen years ago!), and my father still has the Elwood-and-friend portrait from his run in Harvey three decades ago.  And a skull he carved out of a wig dummy for Twain's Cannibalism In the Cars.

The lute stands by the fireplace, with the sword and boots.

Really, though, you should say "the Scottish play."  And not Macbeth [hotpotatooffhisdrawersplucktomakeamends--ow!].

• Super Administrators
Really, though, you should say "the Scottish play."  And not Macbeth [hotpotatooffhisdrawersplucktomakeamends--ow!].

Theater is something you just hafta do, eh?  Me, too.  It's an addiction I've been working hard to kick over the last several years.

And I make it a point to say "Macbeth" whenever I get into a theater space.  I like to watch the superstitious actors squirm.  Then again, in my past life I was usually the playwright, not an actor, so it's my prerogative to make actors jump if I choose.   :;):

Anyway, does anyone want to see some more pictures of my little pixie and her big brother?

Image-A4C40B44A6B811D7.jpg

My son looks just like me.  Really.  When I was two...

kit

And I make it a point to say "Macbeth" whenever I get into a theater space.

Heh heh.  Me too . . . :angry:

Of course, I did Camelot a about a 1.5 years ago with a professional opera singer.  I off-handedly said Macbeth, and she made me turn around in a circle three time outside and spit.  Weird stuff.  Personally, I try to break as many superstitions as possible back stage (eating peanuts, etc.).  My college director tried to use Peacock feathers whenever possible . . .

Kit - did you take that picture in my family room?  'Cause it sure looks like it . . .

Oh, and to keep it on topic:

dmwatched.jpg

I'm not stoned, I just wasn't expecting the picture.  And no, they're not all mine.

• Super Administrators
Kit - did you take that picture in my family room?  'Cause it sure looks like it . . .

Well, no.  See, I don't have a flat-panel iMac.  Between that and your avatar, I knew there was a reason I liked you.

:;):

Anyway, does anyone want to see some more pictures of my little pixie and her big brother?

I think I speak for everyone when I say:

Awwwwwwwww.....

-zug the baby-liker.

(and no, that's not a misspell, you pervs :) )

Some freak with a Sony camera leant it to an AO at Origins and got some piccies... I'll post the latest updated one tomorrow.

In the meantime, Kit... #### yes!!! Offspring are nice... and yours are cute.

I'll see if my niece will lemme take a piccie of her in her Sophie shirt. And Matt, what exactly is a sucubus(sp?)?

Looks liek a Monstrous Compendium open next to those cans. Say which ARE yours? I liek Mountain Dew, but I hate Pepsi...

That's actually Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.  My guys are steadily working their way through it.  

The Mt.Dew cans are mine.  The Pepsi beong to Brickle Gemfilcher (who's mini you can see at My Webpage.)  

Oh, not to be outdone by Kit:

naomitrain.jpg