Couple of Questions + Mini Pics Posted

Thor

Hi,

I posted the Rat and Human fighter from the Reaper How to Paint Kit #1 under Works in Progress. If you have any tips about what I should do next, I would love to hear them! A couple of questions:

1) Sometimes I hear suggestions for certain techniques one should use the edge of the brush and not the point. What techniques are those and why?

2) Can I file plastic minis the same way I do metal (e.g. with metal files) or do I have to do something different?

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Sometimes I hear suggestions for certain techniques one should use the edge of the brush and not the point. What techniques are those and why?

I've always used the edge of the brush to highlight things with edges or ridges, for example, apply light silver or very light gray to the edge of a sword.

Ron

Painting large flat areas sometimes require the use of the brush's side as well...that is, laying the brush lengthwise against the surface and whisking the thinned paint across. You get an even and thin application especially if the paint is the right consistency and you've made sure you've unloaded most of the paint onto a paper towel.

Thanks

AWhang

I've always used the edge of the brush to highlight things with edges or ridges, for example, apply light silver or very light gray to the edge of a sword.

Ron

Just make sure there's very little paint on the brush. (I speak from experience.)

Ishil