Eureka Mini--Kung Fu School Girls

fieldarchy

post-2071-1177390795_thumb.jpg

Here is the project I've been working on little by litte. They are done! YAY! Here is a picture of the group of minis. They are meant for table top play so they have a good paint job but not anything too elaborate or ornate for table top play.

They were interesting to work on . . . don't see myself painting another batch of these though.

• Like 2

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you pulled 'em off quite well.

One thing that I may have done differently; anime kids that wear school uniforms almost always have different hair colors. So really that would have depended on whether or not they were a group. If not & each was for someone else... maybe not.

Another thing I may have done differently would be to give them a school yard base; tennis court, basketball court, sidewalk, street... maybe... I'm not 100% on this idea...

Finally, bigger eyes. BIIIGger eyes needed... but that could be the sculpt to some degree as well....

That's it - good job!

The eyes are actually sculpted so that they are not recessed, they bulge out. And they are highly irregular in shape. The girl in front punching has the best face out of all of them and her eyes have almost uniform shape. The others, not so great. One even has an eye that is a couple millimeters below the other and there is no easy way to fix that!

I thought of doing something different for the base but I didn't have a whole heck of a lot of time to play with that idea. Just use your imagination and pretend they are on the kickball field!

These are great! Nice work. I want to use them as proxies for my Darkspawn army.

Bunch of misshaped, big eyed school girls? Yea, that would have me running in terror.

Once again Fieldarchy, a great job on bad mini's.

Yeah I thought about the different colors for the hair but I decided to keep it traditional.

The minis really should be resculpted by someone who is a bit more seasoned. Great idea just not so hot execution on the models.

They were a little frustrating to paint at times but you just have to make them look as good as you can.

Yeah the sculpts are really rough in certain areas and difficult to get them lookin' good. I would suggest shopping around a little more for other anime girls. I mean, they work, they are decent but for my personal collection I would go with something of better quality (Reaper spoils me, I know :wub: )