Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

WarlordHQ shoutout!

Kings to you, Reaper. I've been pestering you and the forum community for having it all in one place, the data cards, SA's, Equipment, and Spells, and lo and behold, it's all there on WarlordHQ under the data cards. 'Prolly been there even longer, but I discovered'em just today. It seems every time I start digging, I find more and more getting consolidated for the customers and players. Cool.

A few printouts and we're ready to kick the tires and play. The stuff requires some printing, but not gouging the customer for a whole new army book. That's not only reasonable, but generous. Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

P.S. Does Ben Seins have any vices or weaknesses we can exploit (a la hotwings) to see him crank out some more Ogre sculpts?

Cheers.

This is the first I have seen that as well, but I stopped going to the Data Card section once I started Beta testing because for awhile, it was still the old 1.2 card values. I haven't even looked at it since the 1.33 cards (or whatever they will be officially called) were put up.

I like the format. I wasn't sure if it would be something like this, or done as a pdf Download under the Featured Downloads.

I'm just happy it's lookin' like a one stop shop right now. I'm lazy and don't want to have to jump through hoops to play again. There's some changes but for the most part it's just look at the new cards, then read up on the SA's and Spells and Equipment, and voila, you're back into Warlord.

Having it all in one place is pretty good to see. Reapers really shaped up that part of their website.

Edited by Qwyksilver
Data Card change

I put the SAs, Spells, & Equipment stuff there middle of last week, and was wondering when someone would find it. :blush:

Anyway, that page is the 1-stop shop of the absolutely latest info for all datacards, sas, spells, & equipment. if it ain't there, it don't exist. If it is there, it is the official latest data. :B):

There, I just made a change to display datacards in 2 columns instead of just 1 long column. Is that better, worse, or indifferent?

Edited by Qwyksilver
Data Card changes

I'm a gonna go see. I wasn't diggin' the print preview before but I'm guessing it'll work now. With Reaper I seem to get whatever I ask for on these forums if I just have patience.

1. Dark Dwarves. Check. Maybe not a whole army, but I'll have my troop.

2. Inexpensive unit packs for the next armies I get into. Check.

3. A continually evolving game not requiring me to buy anything more than the models. Check.

4. All the info in one place. Check.

5. Prepainted Plastics!! I'm one of those hardcore "metal only" guys who is more than ready to buy Reaper's gear.

6. Plastic Townsfolk please!

Well my printer cut off a lot of them, requiring some cutting and pasting. I'm not fussin', just tellin'. Maybe when it's all sorted out, each of the data card sections could be in a pdf format? I'm like Jed Clampett with this com-pu-ter so someone with some brain activity will have to rise to this one.

Gus, I like the addition. I honestly hadn't been looking since I had the Data cards printed and figured I would wait until the we were finished with the Open Beta.

Have further changes been made to anything since the Open Beta release?

I know I can read through all of them and compare, but I figure, you had to input the changes, so it might save me some time :lol:

I have a small request. If these are the latest could we get a "these cards were last updated on mm/dd/yy message? Would be nice to see at a glance if anything had been changed in the SA's for instance.

...snip...

Anyway, that page is the 1-stop shop of the absolutely latest info for all datacards, sas, spells, & equipment. if it ain't there, it don't exist. If it is there, it is the official latest data. :B):

...snip....

I like the 2 columns of cards MUCH better than the single long column.

It would be nice to see a "Print this Army" button on those pages. Even if it just brings up the Cards in a seperate window of their own. Perhaps link it through your Search Data Cards Program?

It would also be nice if the SAs were a little bit darker. The light grey is hard to see on those cards, but it might just be my monitor.

I'd like to see the spells get some kind of treatment so they don't run together. Maybe a simple spell card template? I hate to jump to that because I hope that some of the spells we have lots of questions on will have notes made about how they are specifically used. Include that Errata where it matters!

EDIT: I thought of something... You know how the DTs alternate background color from Grey and White, I would LOVE to see this done to spells. Name(BGcolor white), Casting Grade (bgcolor grey), Availability(white), Type(grey)... etc.

Great job Gus!

Maybe something as simple as underlining the name or something will help.

Edited by Qwyksilver
Data Card changes

Well my printer cut off a lot of them, requiring some cutting and pasting. I'm not fussin', just tellin'. Maybe when it's all sorted out, each of the data card sections could be in a pdf format? I'm like Jed Clampett with this com-pu-ter so someone with some brain activity will have to rise to this one.

When printing datacards, I would recommend using the Data Card Seach page (link just below the Data Cards link on reapergames). Select your faction (or subfaction) and click 'Search Models'. Uncheck anything you don't care about, and click the 'View Checked Stats' link in the bottom left. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click the 'Printable Version' link on the bottom right. On the printable page that pops up, do a Print Preview, and if necessary, adjust the scale percentages or the page setup settings to get it to print properly. Most browsers print it fine on the default settings.

The datacard search page is pointing at the exact same data as the datacard page, so there won't be any differences.

As for PDFs, I don't believe this is meant to replace them. This is just an additional tool. :upside:

It's all good. At least everything will be in one place, and we can all get our game on. Thanks for all the hard work to the playtesters and to Reaper; things are looking up.

Now to track down that damnable Ben Seins and strongarm him into more Ogre sculpts....did I just type that out loud?

Just bear with us a little longer...

And now Wildbill, because he sees Bear, will go on a total high and start giggling with glee over his new 200 Thorvald, Bearrider build. :lol:

[MOD] Data Cards on Warlord HQ are returned to the Open Beta pdf version in order to avoid any further confusion until we get either another round of Open Beta testing, or the Beta portion is removed and we have Final Copy. I will be pulling or editting posts that have indicated the changes to avoid any further confusion. Sorry for the inconvenience. [/MOD]