RAGE on RAGE!

The rules are so close, the minis are the right size...

Warlord vs CAV!

RAGE on RAGE

In this game, CAV models fight Warlord models. In general, the Warlord models use the Warlord rules, and the CAV models use the CAV rules. For instance, when calculating movement modifiers, CAV models use the CAV2 chart and SAs, and Warlord models use the Warlord chart and SAs.

There are some cases where the rules interact in odd ways, and those have to be accounted for:

• CAV models attacked by magic

o CAV models use DV for MD.

• Warlord SAs or FAs require a CAV model to make a Dis check

o CAV models use Exp for Dis.

• The Healer SA and Cure spells remove damage from CAV.

o Lingering damage may not be removed

• Repair Modules heal damage on Warlord models.

• CAV models remove Shaken tokens with a Specialty action

Close/melee combat

• When a CAV section activates and initiates Close Combat, use the CAV2 Close Combat rules. In this case, the Warlord models may get multiple Defensive Strikes per round due to Warmaster.

• When a Warlord section activates, use the Warlord melee combat rules.

• Flying Warlord models may engage flying enemies in melee, so they may attack Gunships and Cruise Missiles. Give all Gunships and Cruise Missiles a CCV of 2 for all tracks. Since CAV Gunships may not conduct CC, Gunships may not attack flying Warlord models on their activation.

o If a Gunship/Cruise Missile is forced to the ground by Wind Blast, they can be attacked by melee combat. Taking off again is a free action for a Gunship/Cruise Missile.

• Whichever section activates, consider CCV equivalent to MAV.

Ranged combat

• Since every CAV gets Defensive Fire, consider all CAV models as having Defensive Shot.

• When CAV models attack there is no range penalty for attacking flying models.

Anybody see any rules intersections I missed?

There probably need to be force creation rules/guidelines, since CAV breaks the Warlord paradigm of "No Flying models with Ranged Attacks!" And the point scales need to be checked out to see how many Warlord points fight against how many CAV points...

Oh, and sorry about the formatting. It looks good in Word. :devil:

PS

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Warlord Ranged Attacks.

Treat as CAV for purposes of Range bands and Penalties i.e. Rng is the distance of a Range band, otherwise, CAV will just need to sit back and shoot away.

Will Critical Hits work for both CAV and Warlord models?

Nope nope nope!

Warlord models have to get over there and start smackin' those CAV around.

CAV get critical hits, Warlords don't.

Coming over Thursday? Bring some models!

PS

Hehe... wonder where you got such a silly notion as CAVs fighting Warlord minis, huh?

So...do natural zeros auto-damage as well? IIRC the hero-zero isn't part of the new CAV rules either, is it?

AND have you taken to consideration all the rules that rely on different B2B-constac situations? That is to say, CAVs have more sides to attack. :lol:

OOOH OOOOOOH and are CAVs considered to be Constructs (non-flesh) if those pasky vampires try to feed?

Pete, I'm WAY looking forward to the betatest results on THIS'un!

Couple of things I thought of this morning.

Hard vs Soft targets

Since every Warlord model lacks SA: Soft, are they all considered Hard?

I'm still abit concerned since CAV are all ranged, with the bands, and a double move for most non-Cavalry models is going to equal a single move for a vast majority of the CAV.

Can Crusaders still Convert? CAV lack SA: Undead or Berserker :lol:

Couple of things I thought of this morning.

Hard vs Soft targets

Since every Warlord model lacks SA: Soft, are they all considered Hard?

Obviously must be hard targets.

I'm still abit concerned since CAV are all ranged, with the bands, and a double move for most non-Cavalry models is going to equal a single move for a vast majority of the CAV.

I'm more concerned about the enormous prices of CAV compared to Warlord models. How many points of damage are the CAV going to do before Warlord models get there? 20? 30? How many tracks does 668 points worth of Braugs buy?

Can Crusaders still Convert? CAV lack SA: Undead or Berserker :lol:

You bet! That's why I have Healing CAVs...

PS

There is no difference in scale. The CAV universe is under attack by towering enormous THINGS From Beyond the Stars.... called ELVES!!

Nah, it's the other way around: some mad gnomish wizard has started making these weird funky iron golems and summoning weird little familiars for his amusement. Unfortunately, his creations have gotten a life of their own and escaped.

Ron

Damn straight! Have you seen those Reven ogres? Way bigger than the Ogres Adonese build!

Something about that statement reminds me of an Irregular Webcomic that I read once. I can't seem to find the comic, so it must have appeared in one of Steve Jackson's webzines. The strip essentially goes like this:

• GM: "You come across an ogre..."
  • Players: <various complaints about how ogres are so wimpy with respect to AC, # of attacks, and damage dealing capability>
  • GM: Wimpy, huh?
  • GM: <holding a GURPS OGRE book> : "ROLL. FOR. INITIATIVE!"

Ron

PS: Ogres in this case are huge cybernetic tanks. The original game had a company on one side consisting of 4-8 tanks, 4-8 hovercraft (GEVs), infantry, and an artillery battery or two against a single Ogre.