Actually I'm kinda surprised you were able to sneak both Thorgram AND a melee upgrade in a 2000 point army

Thorgram only costs 118 points in Chronicles '07.

Actually I'm kinda surprised you were able to sneak both Thorgram AND a melee upgrade in a 2000 point army

Thorgram only costs 118 points in Chronicles '07.

Really? I should have caught that sooner.

TROOP 1

79 - Freya

350 - Shieldmaiden x5

171 - Margara w/ Counterspell x2, Ice Storm x2, Bolt

Total: 7 Models, 600 Points

TROOP 2

87 - Dire Bear

Total: 1 Model, 87 points.

TROOP 3

65 - Tohil Steadyhand

244 - Dwarven Piercer x4

Total: 5 Models, 309 points

Total: 13 Models, 3 troops, 996 points

I've been looking for the models so I can put this force together, but I've been having trouble determing which models to use for things like "Tohil Steadyhand". Thoughts?

TROOP 1

79 - Freya

350 - Shieldmaiden x5

171 - Margara w/ Counterspell x2, Ice Storm x2, Bolt

Total: 7 Models, 600 Points

TROOP 2

87 - Dire Bear

Total: 1 Model, 87 points.

TROOP 3

65 - Tohil Steadyhand

244 - Dwarven Piercer x4

Total: 5 Models, 309 points

Total: 13 Models, 3 troops, 996 points

I've been looking for the models so I can put this force together, but I've been having trouble determing which models to use for things like "Tohil Steadyhand". Thoughts?

The Dire Bear and Torhil are not yet available as Warlord Models. There are however some DHL figures that should work out fine as proxies.

Brock Battlebow 2062

Dwarven Crossbowmen 6014

Bailey Silverbell 3125 - I'd recommend her personally because she is more in the same style as the other WL Dwarves.

Or just Use Snorri Oathbreaker or Kara Foehunter as proxies and make sure your opponent is aware of the difference. Taking one of the existing Dwarven Piercers and either doing some conversion work or painting it differently so it stands out as a Sgt would work too in the interim.

There are a couple of options for Bears.

Dwarven Bear Cavalry - The rider is a seperate piece. It's fine alone. You can use the saddle blanket for something else prolly with some creativity.

Werebear

Dire Bear

I think if the Golden Compass turns into such a big hit, people will likely be screaming for the PanzerBjorn. Which means people will be looking for big nasty ole bears with some armor.

Making and alternate Bear Riders with some extra armor on Teddy will likely feed that need.

Wow....

Is that eye patched?? so cool! And I love the sword!

We've got to have another tournament soon (hopefully after ursula gets released)! Warlord is just too amazing not to play.

I need a really tough tournament army. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NOTE: I won't take a piercer so no need to include them and I'm not very magical but am open to anything else.

• Like 1

How many points are you talking about? :unsure:

Wild Bill :blues:

Right, that would probably help. 1501 with a Warlord.

After perusing through all of my army lists, I realized I had two problems:

1) My lists were designed at either 1,500 points (no warlord) or 2,000 point (too big).

2) They had piercers in them (a no-no according to you).

So, that lead me to the one list I found that fit your criteria:

King Thorgram

11 Bear Riders

Magical Armor for EVERYONE!! YAY! :lol:

Musician

Totem of Battle

Totals: 1,498 Points, 12 Models, 1 Troop, 2 Init Cards

Will this win the tournament? Most likely not. Will you enjoy seeing the look on your opponent's face when you plop 11 bears on the table? Absolutely. :devil:

However, in order for me to make a traditional 1,501 point army will take me some time, and work is not cooperating. I have to leave in a few minutes to go to an offsite meeting for the rest of the day. :grr: Will tomorrow be ok? :unsure:

Wild Bill :blues:

Tommorow is fine

I am thinking about taking King, Captain Battle, both elementals and 6 or 7 each of maidens and miners.

It's 17 models, I usually play really big armies but am thinking small might be better as tournaments tend to drag with big armies.

I would play your list if I had the bears. I was thinking of using Dwarf Wars pigs as there is no proxy rules.

• Like 1