They still call the bear rider leadership model the "chick-on-a-bear"? Or did that name just stick?

Her official name is Ursula, Bear Rider Captain

I know we did this once before, but with a new Rage document coming this year, and Gus stepping down from the game designer helm. I figured it’s a good time to restart the discussion. What are everyone’s ideas for a dwarf sub-faction. I would like to see a combination female and cleric list with the addition of a Valkyrie Captain/cleric and a Valkyrie/cleric adept.

CHILDREN OF THE MOUNTAIN GOD

Skadi, Valkyrie Captain 00000000

Affiliation: Dwarfs/ Good Points: 79

Model: Unique Sergeant Troop: 4-6/1

Base: Standard

Dmg 0 1 2 3

Mov 6 5 5 4

Dis 9 8 7 6

DV 12 11 10 8

MD 14 13 13 12

S.A.: Fearsome, Healer, Spy, Tough/3

MAV 5 5 4 3

#MA 3

S.A.: Critical Strike/2, Smite (Evil)/2, Warmaster

CP 6 6 5 5

S.A.: Cleric 2/8, Defensive Magic

Valkyries 000000

Affiliation: Dwarfs/Good Points: 62

Model: Adept

Base: Standard

Dmg 0 1 2 3

Mov 6 5 5 4

Dis 7 6 6 4

DV 10 9 8 6

MD 12 11 10 7

S.A.: Healer, Tough/1

MAV 5 5 4 3

#MA 3

S.A.: S.A.: Smite (Evil)/1, Warmaster

CP 6 5 5 4

S.A.: Cleric 1/2

FA’s:

Battle colors: If a troop buys a musician upgrade, they also receive the standard bearer upgrade.

All models with the cleric SA gain a +1 CP, and Innate Spell/Blessing.

Dying Breath: If a model from the CHILDREN OF THE MOUNTAIN GOD is killed or toughed in combat, they receive one final strike equal to the MAV on their final damage track.

Unique Spells:

Mountain God’s Breath

Herryk Aesir, Dwarven High Cleric Dwarves Good Warlord

Freya Fangbreaker Dwarves Good Captain (U)

Logrim Battlefury Dwarves Good Captain (U)

Ursula, Bear Rider Captain Dwarves Good Captain (U)

Tohil Steadyhand Dwarves Good Sergeant (U

Skadi Dwarves Good Sergeant (U

Gwyddis, Valkyrie Dwarves Good Cleric (U)

Ivar Silverfist Dwarves Good Cleric

Margara Firetongue Dwarves Good Mage (U)

Kara Foehunter Dwarves Good Rogue (U)

Bear Rider Dwarves Good Adept

Dwarven Mancatchers Dwarves Good Adept

Dwarven Shieldmaiden Dwarves Good Adept

Dwarven Valkyries Dwarves Good Adept

Dwarven Halberdier Dwarves Good Grunt

Dwarven Piercer Dwarves Good Grunt

Dire Bear Dwarves Neutral Monster (U)

Annasha Tomebreaker Dwarves Good Solitaire (U)

Heh, I was just coming here to post on this very topic! :lol:

Last year during Rage Chronicles I asked people for Dwarf Faction Sublist ideas. We received a surprising number of submissions. rgtriplec's above idea was definitely one of our favorites! However, the new models it would require make it ineligible for Rage Chronicles 2008. What the Dwarves will be getting in Rage Chronicles 2008 is the Defenders of Aizen Krahl. Anyone wishing to playtest this list, please PM or email me, and I'll get you the list!

I doubt many Dwarf players will complain about the new sub-list's playability, it wiil definately be a hard army for most to stop once the melee begins. I do think many will be disappointed in the composition though. I know a lot of players wanted a sub-list that was more focused on a certain type of troop: females, burrowers, berserkers, or clerics etceteras.

From outside the dwarf world I think there will be a bit of grumbling, it plays heavily to what dwarfs are already great at. On paper it looks like certain builds will be very, very hard to stop. Especially in timed games and games with multple clerics.

I will play the list this week hopefully.

• Like 1

New army list for perusal and comment; comes in 1k and 1.5k variants.

I call it "Claws of the Mountain God"

1k Army:

--Ursula (w/+2MAV), 3x Bear Riders, Kara Foehunter

--Fulumbar, Durgam Deepmug, Piercer, 2x Warriors, Halberdier

--Griffon

--Snorri

=994 points

Add this to get 1,500 points Variant:

--Herryk (C2, C2, C3, Divine Vigor), 4x Warriors

--Lesser Earth Elemental

=1499 - just right for a 1500 or 1501 point game

19 models, 6 troops

I favor the 1,500 point variant. Mostly because I just like the feel of the game at that point value, but also because you've got the magic support mixed in at that point. This is the first list I've made in a while that I feel real, real good about. It's got range, it's got magic, it's got a solid core of tough fighters, and it's got a good number of models. I'd take this one as-is to a tournament, I think.

Here's a 1,500 point army I cooked up. :devil:

Ursula + Magic Armor

7 Bear Riders

Musician

Lesser Earth Elemental

Freya

7 Shieldmaidens

Musician

Totals: 1,493 Points, 3 Troops, 17 Asswhoopin' Models :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

Wow!! Dwarves are TOUGH!!

I just played a dwarf list against my wife's Darkspawn that included the giant pit fiend. I completely dismantled her army!

Admittedly, her list wasn't the greatest and she failed to take advantage of some things (like the Witch Queen's spellcasting!) But even so, my dwarves just soaked up a ton of damage and kept on keeping on. When I got a couple warriors in B2B, backed up by halberdiers they were able to dish some serious damage.

The piercers rocked too! That critical shot ability is nasty!!

I always love dwarf armies. . . I'm glad this system seems to do them justice! I wonder if that's why the dwarf thread gets so much business in this forum! LOL!!

Wow!! Dwarves are TOUGH!!

I just played a dwarf list against my wife's Darkspawn that included the giant pit fiend. I completely dismantled her army!

Admittedly, her list wasn't the greatest and she failed to take advantage of some things (like the Witch Queen's spellcasting!) But even so, my dwarves just soaked up a ton of damage and kept on keeping on. When I got a couple warriors in B2B, backed up by halberdiers they were able to dish some serious damage.

The piercers rocked too! That critical shot ability is nasty!!

I always love dwarf armies. . . I'm glad this system seems to do them justice! I wonder if that's why the dwarf thread gets so much business in this forum! LOL!!

Yup, we can't help it if we are the baddest of the bad. :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

They lack numbers, and that would be my number one weakness when looking at the army. A high model count build can be done, but you've got to give up all the bells and whistles to do it and even then you're only looking at 20 models for 1000 points, not exactly a horde.

They really became pretty well rounded with their DV and MD boosts in RC07