You're welcome. Just remember the models I linked to are not legally based for Warlord, so you would need to give them 1" square bases for them to be legal for play.

I have the drummer that you mentioned Qwyk. However, that doesn't mean I couldn't use a second one, as well as a Standard Bearer and whatnot. I think I have a purchase in my near future. :lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

You little Dwarven Freaks seem to have become awefully magic resistant, Curse you for returning to your D&D bonus vs. Magic Save roots!!!

Anyone else detest the idea of Little Dwarven Miners with Pick Axes being able to burrow at a movement rate of 4? These better be some spectacular models with Jack-Hammers to convince me, and if they end up being GW style Dwarf miners i'll try my best to erase their existence from my memory!

Speaking of going back to roots, maybe they all come with mini-Spades of Collossal Excavation????

So with the Dwarf army about 70% expanded- compared to Crusaders, Reven, Nefsokar ect...- what units, figs would you like to see. Compared to the Crusaders we should get somethng like 5 elites, 3 leaders, 3 solos, 3 soldiers

I think we need a cheap warrior in the vein of Broken Fodder and Elf Swordsman. My idea is a drunken militia that only hits once but it will knock the taste out of the enemies mouth. Due to being drunk they are slow but brave. I'd give them berserker and mob... they'd need a little drunken sgt.

Next we need Flying Pigs... but, I fear they may never happen. So, baby cavern dragons adepts and a massive dragon solo.

How about dwarf Valkyries? On pigesis and foot? Since they are the collectors of lost souls they could have Smite/undead, and a new SA that benefits from soldiers dying. It is a free action like Coup, but she brings them back up.

As for Solo's how about a frost giant or fire giant? Or, a hero based off Thor, with stats like the Warlord Battlefury but with a single 12" ranged attack of 8. And a Berserking solo, Tyr with only one arm?

How about one evil dwarf? An uber-mage based off of Loki that can summon the Fenris wolf?

Here is a list that I think fills most of the holes in the army.

Elites

rogue - Bumburr Roundbelly

hero - Thor type

cleric - Rekkir Runesmith , non-unique 3/10 cp 7

mage - Loki 2/8 cp 5, poison shot, poison strike, backstab

hero - Tyr the One Armed, backstab, frenzy, berserker

Soldiers

valkyries

baby dragons

drunken militia

Solos

Skadi the Ice Queen, female, Frost Giant

Y 'd Draig the Red, Dragon, Mage 3/12 8cp

Fenris wolf - summoned Loki

Leaders

Broomhildt Valkyrie Sgt.

Balder Deepmug Militia Sgt

Berlingr Handspike Sgt. crossbowman

• Like 1

Personally, I'd love to see a melee hero with warmaster. I love Durgam, but he needs some buddies. It is, after all, a *dwarf* army and what do dwarves excell at, if not drinking, smithing, or fighting? And since there's no alcohol tolerance stat and no smithing skill stat, that just leaves fighting.

Somebody who could stand next to Thorgram and fight just as hard.. now that'd be sweet!

And maybe this idea is a little too much Warcraft-ish, but I'd love to see a solitaire/warmachine that is a dwarf engineer and his machine! Something with a ranged attack and AOE.

I need a kill the evil Dark Spawn List, 2000 points. Here is what I have.

Troop One = 428

Fulumbar 47

5 piercers 61 = 305

kara 76

Troop Two = 91

snorri 91

Troop Three =

Herryk Aesir, Dwarven High Cleric 157

Durgam 57

Ivar 62

5 halberds = 200

Bear 94

Troop Four

Griffin 128

Troop Five = 561

Freya 79

Ivar 62

6 shieldmaidens = 420

Troop Six = 219

Stone Spirit = 219

95 Spells

Points - 1998

Six Troops

Seven Cards

• Like 1

I played my first game with the new Dwarfs. It was 2000 points. I took 10 shieldmaidens, Stone spirit, Griffin, Bear, 6 miners, halberds...

The solos none really paid for themselves. The grunts did great. The miners were effective but next time I think I'd rather take more maidens or berserkers. Halberds are deadly with first strike. Almost the entire army were warmaster's and Bane is beautiful.

We both lost about 2/3 of our forces. He would have won if we counted models left and I would have won on damage tracks left. I think points were fairly even but we didn't count them due to time.

Next time i'll take musicians and my solo will be Snorri. The other 300 points will be for more maidens or halberds.

• Like 1

I saw an awful lot of dwarves getting spanked bu Olords in the tourney....

Apparently the wrong Dwarfs were at the tourney :angry:

• Like 1

Apparently the wrong Dwarfs were at the tourney :angry:

I've got some in Craclaw I can sell you but they didn't put up much of a fight either. :lol:

That's because the Overlords didn't play against me... :devil:

Wild Bill :blues:

I played my first game with the new Dwarfs. It was 2000 points. I took 10 shieldmaidens, Stone spirit, Griffin, Bear, 6 miners, halberds...

The solos none really paid for themselves.

Interesting. I find that a Stone Spirit is a fantastic model, and almost always pays for itself in kill 'em all games. Burrow is great for getting the jump on critical models, it's speed is quite good, and it can just stand there and take a beating for a while when you need it to.