Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Necropolis

1750 pts. Army Concept in Works . . . - :devil:

Thoughts an comments welcomed , made for mult. flying and burrowed creatures in the wake of the hordes from the Darkspawn and Overlords, of which the Overlords is my own . . . ( it sucks betting up your own army . . . but it must be done.( The Overlords list will follow shortly. ) ) .

Troop - 1

- Bloodspire @ 241 pts.

- Syphrillia @ 94 pts. + 75 ' Sword of Venom

- Sir Osric @ 88 pts.

- 2x Gargoyle's @ 146 pts.

- 2x Called @ 114 pts.

- 3x Crimson Knight's @ 207 pts.

- 2x Wraith Harvester's @ 58 pts.

Troop - 2

- Grave Horror @ 228 pts.

Troop - 3

- Aysa @ 72 pts.

Greater Familiar @ 40 pts.

Undying Host 2x @ 60 pts.

Fire Ball @ 20 pts.

Counter Sepll @ 10 pts.

Lighting Bolt @ 25 pts.

Troop - 4

- Railor @ 38 pts.

Familiar @ 15 pts.

Ice Shard @ 10 pts.

Poison 2x @ 10 pts.

bolt @ 5 pts.

- 3x Chattel @ 81 - of which has one Magical Armor @ 15 ( Improved Protection would be nice but well'll settle for the Lesser Magic Armor .).

- 2x Skeletal Archer's @ 60 pts. + 40 pts. Lesser Accuracy Uprade ( or ( Magical Ranged Weapon ) for all you up to date folk out there. ) - That's for the cross bow equiped on the mod - :devil:

- So if my Cauliculation's are correct that will bring it to 1737 pts. with 13 pts. to spare . . . .

So still undicided where the Blade of Venomus Poison will be deligated to . . .

beliving that this force will make for a devistating charge or a defencive position - though lack of healing spell's ( 'Life Transfer' - " We Miss You ! " ) could make for a rough time. . . .

- Comments , Concerns , Seggestions , ect. are much welcomed an much ablijzed.

RC08 Datacard army:

1000 point Crypt Legion

Troop 1: (340)

Kentaur

+chilling aura

Banshee x2

Skeleton Swordsman x 6

Troop 2: (165)

Railor

+ Ice Shards* x 3

Skeleton Archers x2

Skeleton Warriors x 3

Troop 3: (165)

Railor

+ Ice Shards* x 3

Skeleton Archers x2

Skeleton Warriors x 3

Troop 4: (165)

Railor

+ Ice Shards* x 3

Skeleton Archers x2

Skeleton Warriors x 3

Troop 5: (165)

Railor

+ Ice Shards* x 3

Skeleton Archers x2

Skeleton Warriors x 3

*Note: Ice Shards becomes an 8 point spell in RC08

Cards: 6

#Models: 35

Cheap grunt heavy force that combines magic, ranged attacks and melee in just about every troop. Probably keep the Banshees on the sidelines and summon them into play with the Railors in order to protect them in the early stages of the game, and to make sure they pop up in the places they are most needed. Emphasis on ranged attacks with the melee troops there as speed bumps, Undead having the nice advantage of allowing the ranged attackers to fire into combat without friendly models becoming shaken. List is put together with the main goal of trying to get a feel for how well the new Mage and archer points costs (plus the Innate(Bolt) SA of Mages) work.

1000 point Default:

Troop 1: (660)

Moandain

+Familiar

+Greater Armor

+Chain Lightning*

+Ice Blast x2*

+Fireball*

+Counterspell

+Ice SHards*

Crimson Knights x 4

Skeleton Archers x 2

Skeleton Spearmen x 2

Troop 2: (165)

Railor

+ Ice Shards* x 3

+ Draining Touch

Skeleton Archers x2

Skeleton Warriors x 3

Troop 3: (165)

Railor

+ Ice Shards* x 3

+Draining Touch

Skeleton Archers x2

Skeleton Warriors x 3

#Models: 21

# Cards: 4

# Points: 1000

*Spells chosen using new RC08 spell costs (Chain Lighting=30, Ice Blast=13, Fireball=12, Ice Shards=8)

Variation on an army that I had the butt kicked out of the other day, mainly I wanted to see how a big Mage fared under the new point costs and in a combined arms feel with archers and melee troops. Truthfully he went fairly well, but I found I didn't take nearly enough heavy hitting spells to make him worthwhile so I've rectified that in this build.

Anyway, hope to get them on the board soon.

What are people's views on zombies? I took a 1500 point Crypt Legion list loaded with zombies (18!) against my wife's crusaders the other day and did very well! Between their 3 attacks and 4 damage tracks, seems like zombies dish some hurt! They can mob up to overcome their MAV of 4.

Haven't seen RC08 to see if they've changed at all, so this is based on RC07 stats.

I do have to admit. . . my MVP Troop of the game had to be Railor with 5 skeletal archers. Railor didn't do much, but the skeletal archers were well positioned and used Marksman 1 the entire game to great effect!

Crypt Bats and Eikar can Vampiric Feed now! That's really cool. I use them rarely, but I'll have to think again knowing what they can do. For theme alone it's worth it.

That's really cool about the bats. I always thought it made sense for them to be able to use this ability, given the fluff. Now, will ghouls be able to use it as well, I wonder?

Warwick, are you friends with a BL member, or has the info on faction SAs been released? Just wondering because I'm really eager/impatient to see what's new and what has changed. ::D:

I had my hopes up that the Ghast and Ghouls would get on the feeding list too, but I suppose I can live with them as is, they are pretty snazzy. I guess with their mob and mob leader abilties they are probably more affiliated with the Zombie Master Warlord (who does not get her own FA in RC08). Good catch on the Bats, I hadn't noticed.

FA for Necropolis stay virtually the same, but with Necromantic Surges costing 5 points worth of spells to heal for each point you attempt to heal rather than 10.

Zombes gain mob, making them great in combination with the Zombie Master in that she can take a huge troop of them. Given that she is possibly the cheapest Warlord in the game, it isn't unreasonable for you to take her and her mass of Zombies in 1000 point games either.

Best changes:

Mages become cheaper + Innate(bolt) combined with cheaper spells. This is great for all factions, but with a number of Mages and a Mage Sgt this is a huge blessing for the NEcropolis. Railor may just be my favorite model in the game, and certainly is my favorite in the army now. It will be a tough decision to include Athak when I can get Railor and 2-3 Ice Shards, granted Athtak can really help a group of skeletons with offensive punch.

Railor gains an Elite slot, this is huge! A non-unique Sgt with an Elite slot is great.

Aysa gains Champion, she is a pretty decent mage if you pop a familiar on her, and with Mage/3 she is a bargain compared to Naomi

Kaena becomes an Elite, and gains summoned(mage) making her value and usefulness skyrocket given that as part of a troop it will be considerably easier to protect her now (Big points drop as well). Combined with a few Railors on the board you could summon her just about anywhere she is needed in the early rounds of the game without the risk of her trying to wind her way across the open field by herself.

I have many sources and I search relentlessly instead of working, picking up tidbits like a hyena. I eagerly await the final RC08 so I can what changed in my other armies: Elves, Mercs, Overlords, Freelance, Lupines. Just looking at stats doesn't give a complete picture.

I would love to see ghouls with feeding, but I'll take the bats. In my last game vs Dwarves I fed 10 times. That's a new record. Some games I don't get any feeding in. It was crazy. I'm all about the feeding. It's a fun FA that works sometimes and doesn't others. One of the best theme FAs in the game.

Elves, Mercs, Overlords, Freelance, Lupines. Just looking at stats doesn't give a complete picture.

Nothing has changed in your other factions outside the datacards (presuming you already know Lock Shields becomes a SA), with the exception of the Lupines who get their own Faction Abilities.