• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly, my legion did not fair well tonight.

merak with six phalanx and ymrilix.

corvus with three crossbows

onyx golem

vs

bone horror

azarpan with daron and some breakers and three burrowing zombies

railor and some breakers

i did manage to kill most of the breakers but he's forces were able to wear me down. . .even with forgetting to use the zombies two turns in a row.

sad, sad, day!

3 BILES!!!

I can hardly wait to face that army!

Are you back in Aussieland? If so drop me a line, I've got the weekend off, is there a club meeting?

Just got back this morning but I'm still a little lagged and got thing to do on Sunday which is not a club meeting . Next meeting is on thr 3rd of June . BTW only 2 of my Biles are put together so I better get hopping ! :devil:

3 BILES!!!

I can hardly wait to face that army!

Are you back in Aussieland? If so drop me a line, I've got the weekend off, is there a club meeting?

Just got back this morning but I'm still a little lagged and got thing to do on Sunday which is not a club meeting . Next meeting is on thr 3rd of June . BTW only 2 of my Biles are put together so I better get hopping ! :devil:

Well then I need only worry about facing 2 BLies (unless you get one together in quick order). I totaly understand about being lagged. Drop me a line if you're free on Tuesday, even if you just want to hang out and paint rather than pay or something. THe way things work out I should have both weekends there are meetings next month off (yay! I knew this promotion would have some good come out of it).

:devil:

"bombslave"

:devil:

Who needs expensive cannons that shoot wildly all over the battlefield when you can simply tie a nice sized keg of powder to a bondslave, light it and promise not to slay his family if he runs into the enemy troop formations before the fuse burns down. ::):

Sorry to disappoint, but the Fire Keg is now a Reven only, Unique item.

It used to be anyone could use it as a Unique item, and the Noghra sublist could use the Fire Keg one per troop, but not so anymore.

Hey, I'm setting up a 1000 point list and I was just looking for some suggestions.

However, I don't have the time to grab anything new so I'm stuck to what I have...

Count Lorenth

Corvus

Merack

Iks

Moraia

Arik Gix

Onyx Chevalier x2

Warrior x3-6 (I converted some crimson knights into a few, as well as some cool looking DHL guys)

Crossbowmen x9 (the faction starter set is awesome, even if most of it is no longer compatible/usable)

Selthak

I'm looking into getting another faction box for more crossbows, as well as the Ashkyrpt and warriors box, and 6-10 Phalanx. I'm shooting for 3-4 large crossbow units, one hard core of phalanx, and everything else if to try stuff out.

But for the time being, what's a good 1000 point list using those?

I'm thinking going for 2 groups of crossbows, led by Corvus and another Corvus/Andras ( I'll use a crimsion knight conversion for him, and then Iks, with all the cav. and Selthak, then use the rest of the points for gear.

Well seeing as it is my first army what i do is...

I gather up ashkyrpt and his crew!

Witch is a inside joke....The whole do your duty comes in handy when protecting 4x FireStorms. When i beef him up he becomes a target for every arrow and volley mr frend Mason's Fu Fu elfs can shoot...And then with mosscrotch over there stomping on my minions...It is a dear challenge....

My troops are fairly simple. I get about 9-10 warriors and Ash in one troop andras covers another troop with bowmen. Balthone by himself and thats it...........Hey i dont know if what i do is leggal but where i play we have home rules...

Anyways.....

I usaly give Ash 4x firestorms a familar and a DF (DivineFavor)

I surrond him with warriors and send the rest on assualt. I slowly inch fourth makeing the neccesary sacrifice here and there. And then Set those Fuu Fuu elfs Ablaze and watch them and there trees burn to a smolder!

Andras is mainly a distraction.....crossbowmen dont do much. Balthone ....

HeHeHEHEHEHEHEHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!

ALL SHALL FALL TO HIS ALMIGHTY HOLD SPELL!!!!!

lol...well my frends beefy bearrider fell....he he he....

Anyways tell me what you think of my stratgy so far.....

Plz dont smite the noob!

Firstly, it's out of date. Go download the Rage Chronicles pdf (it's free) to get the most up to date rules and stats (trust me, they're veeeerrrryyyy different)

Balthon can't be on his own, but hey, if that's how you roll, that's how you roll :;):

Nuking elven archers with AOE spells can work wonders, but really only if they're packed together. Take advantage of the crossbowmen's Ranked SA to shield them from fire and they can be great for support.

Bondslaves make great fodder to block line of sight to your warriors.